Play and Put Away with Tracy Nicodemo of Shop Little Creatives
June 14, 2022
Tracy Nicodemo is a small business owner whose experience of being a new mom helped inspire the birth of her business, Little Creatives. Tracy graduated from Ohio University with a bachelor of applied science in interior architecture before completing an associate’s degree in fashion/apparel design. Tracy’s impressive background in interiors and fashion was what helped her to start Little Creatives in 2020.
On this episode, Tracy speaks to us about her journey to becoming a small business owner, how it’s changed her life, and what tools she’s used to build her success.
“We’ve created these businesses because there was a need for us and we didn’t lose our identity, we added our son to it.” – Tracy Nicodemo
This week on Startups in Stilettos:
- Tracy’s inspiration behind her business (1:20)
- How Tracy identified manufacturers for her products (3:50)
- What Tracy recommends for all small business owners (5:47)
- How Tracy has gained perspective from looking back on her business journey (8:56)
- Tools and solutions Tracy has for small business owners (10:27)
- Stephanie’s tips on building a community around your business (15:10)
- Jessica’s advice on hiring publicists (17:43)
Our Favorite Quotes:
- “I’m a solo entrepreneur, it’s hard to keep going every day. You’re like, ‘oh, I can push that to tomorrow’. But if you’re having a meeting with someone, then it holds you accountable. Right?” – Tracy Nicodemo
- “Everyone, no matter how big or little, everyone has something that they can, that you can, pick someone’s brain on.” – Tracy Nicodemo
- “We’ve created these businesses because there was a need for us, and we didn’t lose our identity, we added our son to it.” – Tracy Nicodemo
Connect with Tracy Nicodemo:
Connect with your Startups in Stilettos hosts:
- Stephanie Cartin on Instagram
- Stephanie Cartin on LinkedIn
- Jessica Abo on Instagram
- Jessica Abo on LinkedIn
- Learn more about Jessica Abo here
Get Featured on Startups in Stilettos
Want a chance to be featured on Startups in Stilettos? We’re currently accepting applications from our Entreprenista League members to be featured on the show! Think of the Entreprenista League as your team members in what can be a lonely startup founder’s journey. You’ll have access to a private community of like-minded female startup founders who are making an impact in business every day, special discounts on business products and solutions, exclusive content, private events, the opportunity to have your story featured on our website, social channels – and, of course, the Startups in Stilettos podcast – and so much MORE!
Join the Entreprenista League today at entreprenista.com/join. We can’t wait to welcome you, support you, and be part of your business journey!
Grow Your Startup with Startups in Stilettos
Thanks for tuning into this week’s episode of Startups in Stilettos, powered by the Entreprenista PodcastNetwork. If you enjoyed this episode, please subscribe and leave a review wherever you get your podcasts.
Be sure to share your favorite episodes on social media to help us reach more startup founders, like you, and have a chance to win a one-on-one mentor and strategy session with Stephanie Cartin.
Join us on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and LinkedIn. And for even more exclusive content and information – and to get access to the 8 Secrets to Success in Your Business video course and worksheet – visit our website.