Making Connections and Providing Opportunities with Anna Ratala of Zvook
September 5, 2022
When Anna Ratala decided to start a podcast, she went looking for a platform that would help her find brands to monetize her podcast. When she found there was no such site, she decided to create her own, thus Zvook was born.
In this week’s episode, Anna Ratala, CEO and co-founder of Zvook, a platform that matches brands to podcasts, shares how her journey to starting her own business led her across the world, how to go about fundraising, why she thinks more women should enter tech, and so much more. If you’ve been waiting for motivation to strike, THIS is the episode you don’t want to miss.
“We try to make it easy to make sure that the brands find you and that you’re able to, you know, monetize your podcasts, regardless of the size.” – Anna Ratala
If you’re looking to take your business to the next level, join the Entreprenista League today at entreprenista.com/join. We can’t wait to welcome you, support you, and be part of your business journey!
This week’s takeaways from Entreprenista:
- Anna talks about her upbringing and how it shaped her journey into entrepreneurship (3:17)
- Where the idea of Zvook came from (11:00)
- Anna’s tips for choosing the right co-founder (15:35)
- Anna shares all about her fundraising process [and gives some great tips] (22:03)
- Rapid fire questions (36:18)
- What it’s like to be a woman in tech (38:21)
- Anna’s favorite mantra [this is a stellar one] (43:41)
Our Favorite Quotes:
- “I can actually create something, if I don’t see an opportunity, I can create it, and I can get it done. And I think that was sort of the first time I was really thinking about, well, it could actually be pretty nice to do something on my own.” – Anna Ratala
- “I am not begging for money, I am giving someone an opportunity to jump on board of a business that is going to explode.” – Anna Ratala
- “We need both. We need women who code, but we also need women who lead.” – Anna Ratala
Connect with Anna Ratala:
- Anna Ratala on Instagram
- Anna Ratala on LinkedIn
- Anna Ratala on Twitter
- Zvook on Instagram
- Zvook on LinkedIn
If you’re looking to take your business to the next level:
Join our Entreprenista League community of women founders! You’ll have access to a private community of like-minded Entreprenistas who are making an impact in business every day, special discounts on business products and solutions, exclusive content, private events, the opportunity to have your story featured on our website and social channels, and MORE!
Whether you’re looking to scale your existing business and want to make the right connections, or you’re thinking about finally taking the leap to launch your business, we’re here to give you access to a community of women who will celebrate your every step, and with whom you can share the candid reality of building a business from scratch.
Join the Entreprenista League today at entreprenista.com/join. We can’t wait to welcome you, support you, and be part of your business journey!
Become An Entreprenista!
Thanks for tuning into this week’s episode of The Entreprenista Podcast – the most fun business meeting for female founders, by female founders. If you enjoyed this episode, please subscribe to the show and leave a review wherever you get your podcasts.
Be sure to share your favorite episodes across social media to help us reach more amazing female founders, like you.