Leading New Professionals with Allie Danziger of Ampersand
July 18, 2022
Picture this – you’re a new graduate, hoping to follow your dreams and land your dream job, but in the midst of all your anticipation and excitement, a recession hits. How would you handle this sort of setback? This episode’s guest, Allie Danzinger, experienced just this when she graduated right before the 2008 real estate market crash.
Allie Danziger graduated from the University of Texas with a career in public relations before venturing out to New York to start her promising career. Since then, her journey has evolved from working in a small, boutique PR firm, to owning her own PR agency, and finally to starting her newest business, Ampersand Professionals. In this episode, Allie walks us through that journey and shares some valuable advice on lessons she’s learnt along the way. She talks to us about the thought processes behind some of the important decisions she’s made and how they’ve led to her success as a businesswoman and entrepreneur.
“Be in that moment, as much as possible and as best as possible. And when it’s great, experience that and be grateful for that. But don’t live for those moments too much.” – Allie Danziger
If you’re looking to take your business to the next level, join the Entreprenista League today at entreprenista.com/join. We can’t wait to welcome you, support you, and be part of your business journey!
This week’s takeaways from Entreprenista:
- What it was that made Allie realize she had an entrepreneurial spirit (4:04)
- Allie’s college experience and first PR job in New York (4:50)
- How Allie started the social media department at this new job and caught the entrepreneurial bug (7:32)
- The beginning stages of Allie’s entrepreneurial career (9:38)
- Why Allie decided to sell her PR agency (12:43)
- How Allie’s new business, Ampersand Professionals, started (19:28)
- Allie’s fundraising experience for her new business (28:19)
- Allie’s tips for running a business in a recession (37:03)
Our Favorite Quotes:
- “I love helping other people become the best versions of themselves.” – Allie Danziger
- “I think having those past experiences both helped me with what to do and not be as nervous. I can move faster through new challenges because, most of the time, I’ve been there before.” – Allie Danziger
- “I just had the great fortune and opportunity to connect with people who gave me a chance from a very, very young, early age.” – Allie Danziger
Connect with Allie Danziger:
If you’re looking to take your business to the next level:
Join our Entreprenista League community of women founders! You’ll have access to a private community of like-minded Entreprenistas who are making an impact in business every day, special discounts on business products and solutions, exclusive content, private events, the opportunity to have your story featured on our website and social channels, and MORE!
Whether you’re looking to scale your existing business and want to make the right connections, or you’re thinking about finally taking the leap to launch your business, we’re here to give you access to a community of women who will celebrate your every step, and with whom you can share the candid reality of building a business from scratch.
Join the Entreprenista League today at entreprenista.com/join. We can’t wait to welcome you, support you, and be part of your business journey!
PNC Celebrates Women Business Leaders
Each year, PNC celebrates women business leaders by hosting Women in Business Week. As co-founders of SocialFly and Entreprenista, Courtney and I were invited to join the lineup of this year’s keynote speakers!
Join us on Thursday, May 12th at 1p.m. Eastern Time for our keynote event, but you won’t want to miss any of the webcasts. This year’s all-virtual line up is absolutely inspiring.
To register for PNC’s Women in Business Week webcast event, head over to PNC.com/businesswebcasts – we can’t wait to see you there!
Become An Entreprenista!
Thanks for tuning into this week’s episode of The Entreprenista Podcast – the most fun business meeting for female founders, by female founders. If you enjoyed this episode, please subscribe to the show and leave a review wherever you get your podcasts.
Be sure to share your favorite episodes across social media to help us reach more amazing female founders, like you.