Knowing Your Worth with Liana Douillet Guzmán
November 30, 2020
Liana Douillet Guzmán, Intraprenista and CMO at Skillshare, kicked off her career dreaming of becoming a lawyer, and never expecting to work in marketing. Fast forward to today, she has spearheaded innovative marketing initiatives as VP of Marketing at both Axiom and Blockchain, and finally leaving the cryptocurrency space to become the CMO at Skillshare.
You’re about to hear Liana’s best advice for climbing the corporate ladder, getting the promotion you deserve, and knowing your worth. She also shares insights into how 2020 has impacted her day to day: from pivoting a major marketing campaign to parenting and why being upfront about your boundaries and working hours is more important than ever before.
Coming up, you’ll hear:
- How COVID-19 has affected the hiring pool and office dynamics
- Why a mentor should tell you the hard truths in addition to being a cheerleader
- How ‘no negotiation’ salaries have evened up the hiring playing field
- Why you should be asking your boss for a promotion a year before you actually want it
- The two questions Liana asks every new job candidate before hiring them
- Why you should redo your resume once a year and continuously make sure you are growing in your role