Innovating Product and Redefining Beauty with Anisa Telwar Kaicker of ANISA Beauty
November 12, 2021
Anisa Telwar Kaicker is the CEO and Founder of Anisa International, Inc., the only woman-owned brush manufacturer in the world. In 2019, Anisa—driven by her belief that all people have the right to look and feel beautiful—launched the ANISA Beauty line of innovative and sustainable beauty and skincare tools. In addition to her work as CEO, Anisa is a passionate advocate of social justice. Through her Anisa Advocacy program, she and her team support organizations at the forefront of challenging racial inequality.
Anisa joins us today to discuss finding the competitive advantage that sets your brand apart. She explains how she has navigated her business through unforeseen circumstances and describes what it takes to run a manufacturing company. She shares her tips on using makeup and skincare brushes. Anisa also highlights the role of influencers in the beauty industry and underscores her company’s dedication to women empowerment, gender equality, and social justice.
“For us to succeed, we have to be original and create something that doesn’t exist.” – Anisa Telwar Kaicker
This week’s takeaways from Entreprenista:
- The spark that led Anisa to start her own company
- What her mother taught her about business strategy
- What running a manufacturing company is like for Anisa
- The role of quality and transparency in a manufacturing company
- The importance of having contracts and agreements between business partners
- Launching the ANISA Beauty brand and how it strives to make a difference in the world
- The role of influencers in building a beauty brand
- How Anisa divides her time between managing her brand and handling operations
- What Anisa learned about launching a direct-to-consumer brand
- How a “grassroots” entrepreneur is different from a venture capitalist
- Anisa’s philanthropic work
- Why recognizing what you bring to the table and celebrating your wins are important
- What being an Entreprenista means to Anisa
Our Favorite Quotes:
- “You have to prepare for the wheels to fall off the bus. There’s no such thing as a 50/50 partnership—someone has to be in control.” – Anisa Telwar Kaicker
- “What’s great about a brand is you don’t need a huge team; you just need the right information and metrics.” – Anisa Telwar Kaicker
- “A small customer will take as much energy as a large customer, so go for bigger opportunities.” – Anisa Telwar Kaicker
Connect with Anisa Telwar Kaicker:
- ANISA Beauty
- ANISA Beauty on Facebook
- ANISA Beauty on Pinterest
- ANISA Beauty on Instagram
- Anisa International, Inc.
- Anisa International, Inc. on LinkedIn
- Anisa International, Inc. on Facebook
- Anisa Telwar Kaicker on LinkedIn
- Anisa Telwar Kaicker on Facebook
- Anisa Telwar Kaicker on Instagram
- Anisa Telwar Kaicker on YouTube
Help More Female Entrepreneurs & Leaders Through the IFundWomen Campaign
We are thrilled to announce that our iFundWomen campaign is now live! We have supported so many women through Entreprenista, and we’re excited to share this opportunity with you to support our campaign and continue to help women business owners and leaders.
Our funding goal is $100,000 – which means that every dollar counts. The best part? We’ve created incredible rewards that will help you as part of our campaign!
When you pledge to the iFundWomen Campaign, you’ll receive:
- An exclusive Entreprenista League Membership rate
- Dedicated Instagram and website features to promote you and your business
- Interviews on the Entreprenista podcast and our new podcast that’s launching in 2022 – Startups In Stilettos
- One-on-one sessions with Stephanie or Courtney
- …and so much more
Visit iFundWomen.com/Projects/Entreprenista to contribute any amount you feel comfortable with.
Seriously. Every dollar, every share, and every mention on social media to your network counts and is beyond appreciated. Thank you for supporting us and women everywhere.
Today’s episode is brought to you by: ANISA Beauty Brushes
ANISA Beauty understands that what touches your skin matters. ANISA designs each brush through cruelty-free, vegan and sustainably responsible practices to elevate your skincare and makeup routines from hands-on to hands-free. The innovative design of these skin care and makeup brushes offer versatile application and fiber flexibility to achieve a great look – each and every time.
Head over to ANISABeauty.com and use the code Entreprenista50 at checkout to unlock the power of self-expression today.
Entreprenista has also teamed up with ANISA Beauty for an exciting giveaway! Enter to win the entire ANISA beauty collection and an Entreprenista League one-year membership! Visit Entreprenista.com/ANISABeauty to enter by December 15.
If you’re looking to take your business to the next level:
Join our Entreprenista League community of women founders! You’ll have access to a private community of like-minded Entreprenistas who are making an impact in business every day, special discounts on business products and solutions, exclusive content, private events, the opportunity to have your story featured on our website and social channels, and MORE!
Whether you’re looking to scale your existing business and want to make the right connections, or you’re thinking about finally taking the leap to launch your business, we’re here to give you access to a community of women who will celebrate your every step, and with whom you can share the candid reality of building a business from scratch.
Join the Entreprenista League today at entreprenista.com/join. We can’t wait to welcome you, support you, and be part of your business journey!
Become An Entreprenista!
Thanks for tuning into this week’s episode of The Entreprenista Podcast – the most fun business meeting for female founders, by female founders. If you enjoyed this episode, please subscribe to the show and leave a review wherever you get your podcasts.
Be sure to share your favorite episodes across social media to help us reach more amazing female founders, like you.
Don’t forget to follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and LinkedIn and for more exclusive content, tips, and insight, join the Entreprenistas Facebook group and visit the SocialFly website.