How to Thrive During and After Divorce with T.H. Irwin of Ex Experts
November 22, 2022
While each going through divorces at the same time, T.H. Irwin and her best friend were shocked at the lack of information available. They realized they didn’t want others to go through that, so they decided to start a business that would help other women going through divorce navigate it easier.
In today’s episode, we talk with T.H. Irwin, co-founder of Ex Experts and co-host of the Divorce Etc. podcast. She shares what it’s like to start a business with your best friend, the challenges they’ve faced, what the business model for Ex Experts is, and so much more.
“I want to be synonymous with any touchpoint of divorce, someone at work, whatever, ‘you have to go to Ex Experts, they’re going to help you get your shit together.’ That’s the ultimate goal.” – T.H. Irwin
This week on Startups in Stilettos:
- T.H. talks about starting a business with her best friend after each going through divorces (2:35)
- T.H. discusses the challenges and mistakes she faced when starting Ex Experts (5:18)
- T.H. explains the business model for Ex Experts (15:38)
- T.H. shares what she’s most proud of with Ex Experts (18:48)
- T.H. and Stephanie share tips for working with your best friend in business (21:43)
- T.H. talks about what she’s looking forward to (29:11)
- T.H. and Stephanie talk about how to market your business (30:28)
Our Favorite Quotes:
- “Our mission is to move forward, thrive, feel it, deal with it, but still move forward.” – T.H. Irwin
- “We started Ex Experts, because we got a divorce. At the same time, me and my best friend, and there was nothing out there.” – T.H. Irwin
- “Because we have 30 years of friendship, we’ve been through all of these personal life-altering experiences. And now we’re gonna go into business together in our 50s. Like, is this a good idea?” – T.H. Irwin
Connect with T.H. Irwin:
- Divorce Etc. Podcast
- Ex Experts on TikTok
- Ex Experts on Instagram
- Ex Experts on Facebook
- Ex Experts on YouTube
Connect with your Startups in Stilettos hosts:
- Stephanie Cartin on Instagram
- Stephanie Cartin on LinkedIn
- Jessica Abo on Instagram
- Jessica Abo on LinkedIn
- Learn more about Jessica Abo here
Get Featured on Startups in Stilettos
Want a chance to be featured on Startups in Stilettos? We’re currently accepting applications from our Entreprenista League members to be featured on the show!
Think of the Entreprenista League as your team members in what can be a lonely startup founder’s journey. You’ll have access to a private community of like-minded female startup founders who are making an impact in business every day, special discounts on business products and solutions, exclusive content, private events, the opportunity to have your story featured on our website, social channels – and, of course, the Startups in Stilettos podcast – and so much MORE!
Join the Entreprenista League today at entreprenista.com/join. We can’t wait to welcome you, support you, and be part of your business journey!
Grow Your Startup with Startups in Stilettos
Thanks for tuning into this week’s episode of Startups in Stilettos, powered by the Entreprenista PodcastNetwork. If you enjoyed this episode, please subscribe and leave a review wherever you get your podcasts.
Be sure to share your favorite episodes on social media to help us reach more startup founders, like you, and have a chance to win a one-on-one mentor and strategy session with Stephanie Cartin.
Join us on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and LinkedIn. And for even more exclusive content and information – and to get access to the 8 Secrets to Success in Your Business video course and worksheet – visit our website.