High Quality Cocktails at Home with Dominique Gonzales of Root Elixirs
November 28, 2022
After rising up through the ranks in the hospitality industry to become a bartender at many different cocktail bars in Northern California, Dominique Gonzalez found herself being the designated bartender at all the gatherings she would attend. An Entreprenista at heart, Dominique decided to use her bartending knowledge to fix the problem that many of her family members were facing: creating intricate great-tasting cocktails.
In today’s episode, we are talking with Dominique Gonzalez, founder of Root Elixirs, a craft cocktail mixer that gives people the ability to create high-quality cocktails in the comfort of their own homes. Dominique shares how her background led her to start Root Elixirs, the process of developing new flavors, how to apply for business grants, and so much more.
“I just found myself bartending at every barbecue, or any hosted event like Christmas, Thanksgiving, you know, bigger events, I was always bartending. And so I was like, you know, it would be really cool if I created something that everybody could be their own bartender, and still have a craft experience.” – Dominique Gonzalez
If you’re looking to take your business to the next level, join the Entreprenista League today at entreprenista.com/join. We can’t wait to welcome you, support you, and be part of your business journey!
This week’s takeaways from Entreprenista:
- Dominique talks about her background and how that led to her starting Root Elixirs (2:33)
- What Root Elixirs is (6:54)
- Dominique shares what the process of launching new flavors entails (8:50)
- Dominique talks about what she sees for the future of Root Elixirs (12:45)
- Dominique explains how she grew her team (16:16)
- The process of getting into retail and selling wholesale (20:07)
- How to apply for and receive grants (23:49)
- Rapid fire questions (29:43)
- How Dominique manages her day (31:48)
- What Dominique would tell her younger self (34:31)
- What being an Entreprenista means to Dominique (36:52)
Our Favorite Quotes:
- “When we first started, I couldn’t afford, you know, hiring anybody. So it was just me and my mom, like making the product in the kitchen. And then eventually it became too much for us. And then we brought in other family to help.” – Dominique Gonzalez
- “Sometimes a grant will take, like, a month for me to complete because it’s extensive. And you know, you want to get your whole story in there.” – Dominique Gonzalez
- “The Entreprenista League community is like, they’re so ambitious. And it’s really nice being a part of that group, because they’re all pushing to be better, and, you know, collaborative, and that’s exactly what I love to do is collaborate with other women and see where they are in their journey.” – Dominique Gonzalez
Connect with Dominique Gonzalez :
If you’re looking to take your business to the next level:
Join our Entreprenista League community of women founders! You’ll have access to a private community of like-minded Entreprenistas who are making an impact in business every day, special discounts on business products and solutions, exclusive content, private events, the opportunity to have your story featured on our website and social channels, and MORE!
Whether you’re looking to scale your existing business and want to make the right connections, or you’re thinking about finally taking the leap to launch your business, we’re here to give you access to a community of women who will celebrate your every step, and with whom you can share the candid reality of building a business from scratch.
Join the Entreprenista League today at entreprenista.com/join. We can’t wait to welcome you, support you, and be part of your business journey!
Become An Entreprenista!
Thanks for tuning into this week’s episode of The Entreprenista Podcast – the most fun business meeting for female founders, by female founders. If you enjoyed this episode, please subscribe to the show and leave a review wherever you get your podcasts.
Be sure to share your favorite episodes across social media to help us reach more amazing female founders, like you.