Get What You Want with Business Coach, Speaker and Author Julie Solomon
June 20, 2022
Julie Solomon is the CEO of EmpowerYou, Inc., an organization whose core mission is to coach individuals into reaching their full potential and goals. She is also a business coach, brand and pitch expert, best-selling author (Get What You Want: How to Go From Unseen to Unstoppable), and popular podcast host (The Influencer Podcast).
On this episode, Julie talks to us about the steps that she took to becoming an Entreprenista, beginning her career as a publicist for an agency in 2007 before eventually venturing out to start her own business. She walks us through her experience of being a content creator before moving into individual consulting and then course creation. Julie also discusses the steps she took to becoming a best selling author and shares her advice for those who are looking to write their own books. Finally, Julie imparts some words of wisdom for all women looking to start their own business and breaks down how she’s been able to successfully juggle being an entrepreneur and a mum.
“A lot of people will tell me like, if you could do anything different, what would it be? And I always say I would have started earlier.” – Julie Solomon
If you’re looking to take your business to the next level, join the Entreprenista League today at entreprenista.com/join. We can’t wait to welcome you, support you, and be part of your business journey!
This week’s takeaways from Entreprenista:
- How Julie got into the influencer business (4:31)
- How Julie’s business started to come together (8:55)
- How Julie went about creating her first course (14:36)
- Why Julie feels women in business are afraid to invest in their own businesses (18:59)
- What type of content you can expect from reading Julie’s book (27:15)
- Julie’s advice for people wanting to write a book (34:31)
- Julie’s favorite solution to help grow business (42:29)
- Julie’s advice for moms trying to manage home and work life (44:46)
- What being an entrepreneur means to Julie (49:04)
Our Favorite Quotes:
- “I think that first it has to come from you believing that you actually have something that is really important to share with the world. And that has to begin with you.” – Julie Solomon
- “Women have to stop waiting for the confidence to do something. It’s actually the clarity that you get from doing something that creates the confidence, not the other way around.” – Julie Solomon
- “We learn from our no’s the no’s is where the magic is, that’s where we’re able to grow and expand and tweak and really kind of learn different perspectives that we may not be seeing.” – Julie Solomon
Connect with Julie Solomon:
- Julie Solomon’s LinkedIn
- Julie Solomon’s Instagram
- Julie Solomon’s Website
- Julie Solomon’s Book – Get What You Want: How to Go From Unseen to Unstoppable
- Julie Solomon’s Podcast – The Influencer Podcast
If you’re looking to take your business to the next level:
Join our Entreprenista League community of women founders! You’ll have access to a private community of like-minded Entreprenistas who are making an impact in business every day, special discounts on business products and solutions, exclusive content, private events, the opportunity to have your story featured on our website and social channels, and MORE!
Whether you’re looking to scale your existing business and want to make the right connections, or you’re thinking about finally taking the leap to launch your business, we’re here to give you access to a community of women who will celebrate your every step, and with whom you can share the candid reality of building a business from scratch.
Join the Entreprenista League today at entreprenista.com/join. We can’t wait to welcome you, support you, and be part of your business journey!
Become An Entreprenista!
Thanks for tuning into this week’s episode of The Entreprenista Podcast – the most fun business meeting for female founders, by female founders. If you enjoyed this episode, please subscribe to the show and leave a review wherever you get your podcasts.
Be sure to share your favorite episodes across social media to help us reach more amazing female founders, like you.