Drinks with Friends with Julie Stevens of BeTini Spirits
August 23, 2022
Ever run into a problem that you just know there has to be a solution for, only to find out there really isn’t? If you’re like most Entreprenistas, maybe you decide just to create the solution yourself. Most people freeze with analysis paralysis, not Julie Stevens.
This week’s guest is Julie Stevens, founder and CEO of the pre-made cocktail company, BeTini. Julie shares how her business was born out of hosting necessity, how she just dove in, and why she thinks it’s important to choose your team wisely. She also shares what it feels like to be one of the only women in the room and how she made sure her voice was heard.
“I wanted to have really yummy, proper cocktails, that you could just chill and pour and spend more time bonding with your friends. So that’s where the brand came out of.” – Julie Stevens
This week on Startups in Stilettos:
- Julie shares what it’s like to be a female founder in a male-dominated industry (3:12)
- What Julie was doing before starting BeTini (5:36)
- Julie discusses the early challenges BeTini faced (6:28)
- The importance of PR to Julie (8:59)
- The reason for BeTini’s design (12:22)
- Julie, Stephanie, and Jessica share tips for engagement on social media (13:59)
- BeTini discount code: ENTREPRENISTA – 10% off valid through to September 6th
Our Favorite Quotes:
- “When you create something and you put it out to the world, it’s like a little piece of your soul that you’re putting out there, right? And to have someone reject it over and over is kind of soul-crushing. So I highly recommend finding a good person who’s willing to just, you know, field all of those and only tell you about the wins.” – Julie Stevens
- “I’m very competent, my design skills. That’s my expertise. I know that I can bring forth packaging that will attract attention. And then if you fill it with something yummy, it’s a win-win, and people will pick it up because it’s pretty and they’ll buy it again if it’s good.” – Julie Stevens
- “I’m not sure I was even smart enough to think it through that far. I just kind of went for it.” – Julie Stevens
Connect with Julie Stevens:
Connect with your Startups in Stilettos hosts:
- Stephanie Cartin on Instagram
- Stephanie Cartin on LinkedIn
- Jessica Abo on Instagram
- Jessica Abo on LinkedIn
- Learn more about Jessica Abo here
Get Featured on Startups in Stilettos
Want a chance to be featured on Startups in Stilettos? We’re currently accepting applications from our Entreprenista League members to be featured on the show! Think of the Entreprenista League as your team members in what can be a lonely startup founder’s journey. You’ll have access to a private community of like-minded female startup founders who are making an impact in business every day, special discounts on business products and solutions, exclusive content, private events, the opportunity to have your story featured on our website, social channels – and, of course, the Startups in Stilettos podcast – and so much MORE!
Join the Entreprenista League today at entreprenista.com/join. We can’t wait to welcome you, support you, and be part of your business journey!
Grow Your Startup with Startups in Stilettos
Thanks for tuning into this week’s episode of Startups in Stilettos, powered by the Entreprenista PodcastNetwork. If you enjoyed this episode, please subscribe and leave a review wherever you get your podcasts.
Be sure to share your favorite episodes on social media to help us reach more startup founders, like you, and have a chance to win a one-on-one mentor and strategy session with Stephanie Cartin.
Join us on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and LinkedIn. And for even more exclusive content and information – and to get access to the 8 Secrets to Success in Your Business video course and worksheet – visit our website.