Disrupting the 2% Club with Suneera Madhani
October 5, 2020
Suneera Madhani is the Founder and CEO of Fattmerchant, a revolutionary payment processing technology company helping businesses around the world accept modern forms of payment, stay competitive, and track data without breaking their budget. She is the co-host of the CEO School podcast, a show dedicated to helping more female founders break through their financial glass ceilings, skyrocket their sales, and achieve $1-million – or more – in annual revenue. Her inspirational story of building her fintech business from the ground up and raising over $20-million in venture capital as a minority female founder has been featured in countless media publications, including TechCrunch, Forbes, and Fast Company. She has been recognized as The Most Influential Woman in Payments by Payment Source in 2018, one of the Top 40 Under 40 by Business Journal, and one of the Women to Watch by Entrepreneur Magazine.
Suneera joins us today to share the humble beginnings of her company, Fattmerchant and what inspired her to launch the revolutionary payment platform. She explains how her payment platform works, why she decided to offer a flat-fee processing option, and how it impacted the way companies continue to conduct business. She shares her experience of repeatedly being rejected by colleagues and potential business partners about her business idea and why she finally decided to ‘bet on herself’ by taking the plunge into entrepreneurship on her own. We discuss Suneera’s ‘3 Bucket Principle’ for achieving work-life integration and why she doesn’t believe in the concept of work-life balance. Suneera also shares the inspiration behind launching the CEO School community and podcast and her mission to help more female founders disrupt the 2% club and break through the million-dollar-revenue mark.
Key takeaways include:
- Launching an innovative payment technology as a female founder
- How Suneera honed in on the customer experience and pain points around accepting modern forms of payment
- The challenge Suneera faced when pitching her business idea to her former colleagues and potential partners
- The importance of getting comfortable with rejection and continuing to persevere
- How staying resilient and solution-oriented helped Suneera’s company continue to grow year over year
- How the COVID-19 pandemic impacted Suneera’s company and their strategy for continuing to grow despite the economic downturn
- Aligning yourself with your company’s core values and mission
- Suneera’s ‘3 Bucket’ Principle, how she uses this principle to juggle her work-life and home-life, and why she doesn’t believe in the concept of work-life balance
- The inspiration behind the CEO School community and podcast and Suneera’s mission to help more female founders break through the ‘2% club’
- Why it’s critical for entreprenistas to be willing to take risks and avoid perfectionism
- How Suneera manages her time to accomplish her goals
Connect with Suneera Madhani:
- CEO School Podcast
- Fattmerchant on LinkedIn
- Fattmerchant on Instagram
- Fattmerchant on Facebook
- Fattmerchant on Twitter
- Suneera Madhani on LinkedIn
- Suneera Madhani on Instagram
- Suneera Madhani on Twitter
Thanks for tuning into this week’s episode of The Entreprenista Podcast – the most fun business meeting for female founders, by female founders. If you enjoyed this episode, please subscribe to the show and leave a review wherever you get your podcasts.
Be sure to share your favorite episodes across social media to help us reach more amazing female founders, like you.