Crafting Your Way from Maker to Business Magnate with Jaime Schmidt of Schmidt’s Naturals
September 17, 2021
When Jaime Schmidt found out she was pregnant, she began paying more attention to the products she was putting on her skin, and started making her own body care products to sell at markets and festivals. As her customer base grew and retailers began to approach her, Schmidt’s Naturals was on its way to becoming a household name.
You’re about to hear how Jaime’s approached her venture one day at a time, and what she’s learned in transitioning from a solo founder to selling her business to Unilever.
Key takeaways this week:
- How Schmidt’s Naturals has challenged the stigma around natural products and who they are made for
- Why Jaime says going to market without a PERFECT product is totally okay
- Her lessons learned in understanding the supply sourcing and wholesale processes
- How to navigate the flexibility and quickness of a startup
- And finally, Jaime shares her experience in starting to offer financial support to underrepresented entrepreneurs with her fund Color Capital
Follow Jaime on Instagram: @jaimeschmidt
Follow Schmidt’s Naturals on Instagram: @schmidtsnaturals
Connect with Jaime on LinkedIn: Jaime Schmidt