Conquer Your Setback: Managing and Doing It All as an Entrepreneur with Amy Shoenthal
November 21, 2022
Amy Shoenthal is a journalist who loves covering founders because it combines her love for writing with her admiration of gritty Entreprenistas. Amy has been a marketing executive for many years, making her the go-to person for tips on how to market your business.
Today, we sit down with Amy Shoenthal, journalist, author, marketing executive, and mom. She shares her hot tips for founders wanting to get press for their businesses, the common thread between most successful Entreprenistas, how to survive a setback, and so much more. If you have questions on gaining media attention for your business, this episode is a MUST.
“My role is just to elevate the stories of people who were doing the work and building a better way of doing business and a better culture and society as we know it.” – Amy Shoenthal
If you’re looking to take your business to the next level, join the Entreprenista League today at entreprenista.com/join. We can’t wait to welcome you, support you, and be part of your business journey!
This week’s takeaways from Entreprenista:
- Amy shares her career journey and how it’s led to where she is today (2:51)
- Amy talks about the common traits she sees when interviewing women (5:40)
- Amy discusses her book and describes the setback cycle (10:10)
- Amy gives tips for managing a full schedule (19:47)
- Amy suggests helpful exercises for founders going through a setback (27:29)
- Amy shares her tips for founders who want to get press for their businesses (32:09)
- Rapid fire questions (39:26)
- What being an Entreprenista means to Amy (44:31)
Our Favorite Quotes:
- “Well, like any good writer who values stability, when I graduated college, I went into marketing.” – Amy Shoenthal
- “Their most brilliant ideas and their most successful ventures come from some sort of setback that they experience.” – Amy Shoenthal
- “Yeah, I don’t know anyone more efficient than a mom, who is like ‘my child care ends at this time, I need to make the most of the hours I have before I go into mom mode.’ Again, the level of efficiency that I have been able to achieve since becoming a mother is unbelievable.” – Amy Shoenthal
Connect with Amy Shoenthal:
If you’re looking to take your business to the next level:
Join our Entreprenista League community of women founders! You’ll have access to a private community of like-minded Entreprenistas who are making an impact in business every day, special discounts on business products and solutions, exclusive content, private events, the opportunity to have your story featured on our website and social channels, and MORE!
Whether you’re looking to scale your existing business and want to make the right connections, or you’re thinking about finally taking the leap to launch your business, we’re here to give you access to a community of women who will celebrate your every step, and with whom you can share the candid reality of building a business from scratch.
Join the Entreprenista League today at entreprenista.com/join. We can’t wait to welcome you, support you, and be part of your business journey!
Become An Entreprenista!
Thanks for tuning into this week’s episode of The Entreprenista Podcast – the most fun business meeting for female founders, by female founders. If you enjoyed this episode, please subscribe to the show and leave a review wherever you get your podcasts.
Be sure to share your favorite episodes across social media to help us reach more amazing female founders, like you.Don’t forget to follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and LinkedIn and for more exclusive content, tips, and insight, join the Entreprenistas Facebook group and visit the SocialFly website.