Business Success through Culture, Talent, and Innovation with Jyothi Rao of INTERMIX
August 27, 2021
Living in London throughout her teenage years, Jyothi Rao developed her keen interest in fashion. She joined Gap after graduating college and was at the portfolio company for 16 years before serving as Senior Vice President and General Manager at Calvin Klein, then Executive Vice President and General Manager of Gilt.com, and eventually transitioning into her current role as CEO of fashion empire INTERMIX. You’re about to hear how Jyothi transformed the culture of the company to foster innovation and inspire growth, her learnings from the sale of INTERMIX, and where she thinks the future of work is headed.
Key takeaways this week:
- Jyothi uncovers the advantages of adding value over time and playing the long game in your career
- How to build a business in a sustainable way through culture that attracts the right talent
- Her top interview questions and hiring tips to ensure you’re gaining employees that will stick around
- What constitutes an acquisition that makes sense for your business
- Jyothi’s sound advice in considering the sale of your company when the time comes
- What’s next for INTERMIX – Jyohti touches on the “purpose part” of their company, and how they’re hoping to use their platform to go beyond fashion and amplify women’s voices from every walk of life.