Building a Capsule Wardrobe with Danielle and Rebecca of Glow Fashion Boutique
July 26, 2022
Fashion is something most of us care about. We take pride in how we present ourselves to the world, expressing who we are with the clothes we wear. However, with the busyness of everyday life, it can be difficult to allot time to figuring out what to wear. Most of the time it’s just easier to throw on the nearest pair of sweatpants, couple it with a wrinkly t-shirt and call it a day.
Our guests on this episode are sisters-in-law, Danielle and Rebecca Peplinski, co-founders of Glow Fashion Boutique. Glow is the solution to everyone’s fashion needs. By offering a specially curated assortment of high quality closet staples, Glow allows you to build your own capsule wardrobe. In this episode, Danielle and Rebecca talk about their inspiration for Glow, the early stages of building their business, some mistakes they made along the way, and so much more.
“It all comes down to communication. You know, I think we’ve been such a great team because we’re constantly in communication and we constantly communicate about everything. From the smallest detail to the bigger things.” – Danielle Peplinski
This week on Startups in Stilettos:
- How Glow came to be (2:24)
- The concept of Glow (4:44)
- Some early steps Rebecca and Danielle took towards starting Glow (6:05)
- Some mistakes Rebecca and Danielle made when building Glow (6:53)
- Rebecca and Danielle’s advice for co-founders (8:54)
- How Rebecca and Danielle figured out their marketing strategy and went viral on TikTok (10:39)
- What going viral changed about Rebecca and Danielle’s business emphasis (14:30)
- Why Rebecca and Danielle launched a course (16:00)
Our Favorite Quotes:
- “I think one of the things is, we just roll with the punches. You just keep going.” – Rebecca Peplinski
- “This simple concept, for us, became this life changing system.” – Danielle Peplinski
- “I think it’s very important for, if you go into business with someone, [you to] make sure that you guys have different strengths.” – Rebecca Peplinski
- “You’re building your own capsule that’s tailored to you and your lifestyle.” – Danielle Peplinski
Connect with Danielle and Rebecca:
- Glow Fashion Boutique on TikTok
- Glow Fashion Boutique Instagram
- Glow Fashion Boutique Facebook
- Glow Fashion Boutique Pinterest
- Glow Fashion Boutique YouTube
Connect with your Startups in Stilettos hosts:
- Stephanie Cartin on Instagram
- Stephanie Cartin on LinkedIn
- Jessica Abo on Instagram
- Jessica Abo on LinkedIn
- Learn more about Jessica Abo here
Get Featured on Startups in Stilettos
Want a chance to be featured on Startups in Stilettos? We’re currently accepting applications from our Entreprenista League members to be featured on the show! Think of the Entreprenista League as your team members in what can be a lonely startup founder’s journey. You’ll have access to a private community of like-minded female startup founders who are making an impact in business every day, special discounts on business products and solutions, exclusive content, private events, the opportunity to have your story featured on our website, social channels – and, of course, the Startups in Stilettos podcast – and so much MORE!
Join the Entreprenista League today at entreprenista.com/join. We can’t wait to welcome you, support you, and be part of your business journey!
Grow Your Startup with Startups in Stilettos
Thanks for tuning into this week’s episode of Startups in Stilettos, powered by the Entreprenista PodcastNetwork. If you enjoyed this episode, please subscribe and leave a review wherever you get your podcasts.
Be sure to share your favorite episodes on social media to help us reach more startup founders, like you, and have a chance to win a one-on-one mentor and strategy session with Stephanie Cartin.
Join us on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and LinkedIn. And for even more exclusive content and information – and to get access to the 8 Secrets to Success in Your Business video course and worksheet – visit our website.