Building a Business to Sell and Pitching to Investors with Jaclyn Johnson of Create & Cultivate
April 28, 2022
Jaclyn Johnson is a powerhouse Entreprenista – by the time she was only 28 years old, she had already sold her first business and launched her second, multimillion dollar business, Create & Cultivate. Create & Cultivate sold a majority stake to Corridor Capital in 2020, and to date, Jaclyn has had 2 eight figure exits by the age of 35 and both companies were self funded.
In the process, Jaclyn’s own work-life philosophy built on the cornerstones of hard work and innovation have propelled her voice to the forefront of the discussion on women in the workplace.
Jaclyn currently serves as an advisor to startups and angel invests in women owned businesses and recently launched her new Venture Capital fund, New Money Ventures. Tune in to hear more of her incredible story!
Key takeaways this week:
- Jaclyn shares her path to “accidental entrepreneurship” and the most challenging experiences while scaling her business
- The process of selling a majority stake in Create & Cultivate
- Jaclyn shares the importance of “leaning in” to failure
- Learn about Jaclyn’s new Venture Capital fund, New Money Ventures
- And finally, Jaclyn discusses how she and her team at New Money Ventures decide which companies to invest in, and her take on what makes a great pitch
Follow Jaclyn on Instagram: @jaclynrjohnson
Follow Create & Cultivate on Instagram: @createcultivate
Follow New Money Ventures on Instagram: @newmoneyventures
Connect with Jaclyn on LinkedIn: Jaclyn Johnson