Art for the Everyday Person with Alix Greenberg of Art Sugar
August 30, 2022
Picture this: You love art. You’re an artist and you work in the art world. Then you leave your job to start an art business. A pandemic comes about, rocks the world, and explodes your business overnight. What would you do?
For this week’s guest, that’s exactly what happened. This week we hear from Alix Greenberg, founder of Art Sugar, a company that strives to bring art to the everyday person. In this episode, Alix shares what caused her to start Art Sugar, how Covid actually helped her business, how to find the perfect investor, and so much more.
“I realized there wasn’t a great accessible place for people to buy art at a certain price point where the artwork looked cool and on trend. So I wanted to create that.” – Alix Greenberg
This week on Startups in Stilettos:
- Alix shares how and why she started her company, Art Sugar (1:09)
- Where the name ‘Art Sugar’ came from (3:17)
- How Covid exploded Art Sugar overnight (5:34)
- Alix talks about how to raise capital for a business (9:24)
- The apps that help Alix run Art Sugar (10:30)
- Alix talks with Jessica and Stephanie about pivoting off of Instagram (11:34)
- Are discount codes worth it? (15:01)
- What is next for Alix and Art Sugar (17:05)
Our Favorite Quotes:
- “Overnight, the business grew 80%. And I was like, ‘What the hell is going on?'” – Alix Greenberg
- “And it’s like everything I always wanted happened overnight. And I took everything to heart. If a customer didn’t like something, it was just, like, so painful.” – Alix Greenberg
- “I think people were stuck inside and wanted to make their homes really happy. Everything on the site, pretty much, is in that category. You know, it’s sort of like, elevated, but joyful.” – Alix Greenberg
Connect with Alix Greenberg:
Connect with your Startups in Stilettos hosts:
- Stephanie Cartin on Instagram
- Stephanie Cartin on LinkedIn
- Jessica Abo on Instagram
- Jessica Abo on LinkedIn
- Learn more about Jessica Abo here
Get Featured on Startups in Stilettos
Want a chance to be featured on Startups in Stilettos? We’re currently accepting applications from our Entreprenista League members to be featured on the show! Think of the Entreprenista League as your team members in what can be a lonely startup founder’s journey. You’ll have access to a private community of like-minded female startup founders who are making an impact in business every day, special discounts on business products and solutions, exclusive content, private events, the opportunity to have your story featured on our website, social channels – and, of course, the Startups in Stilettos podcast – and so much MORE!
Join the Entreprenista League today at entreprenista.com/join. We can’t wait to welcome you, support you, and be part of your business journey!
Grow Your Startup with Startups in Stilettos
Thanks for tuning into this week’s episode of Startups in Stilettos, powered by the Entreprenista PodcastNetwork. If you enjoyed this episode, please subscribe and leave a review wherever you get your podcasts.
Be sure to share your favorite episodes on social media to help us reach more startup founders, like you, and have a chance to win a one-on-one mentor and strategy session with Stephanie Cartin.
Join us on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and LinkedIn. And for even more exclusive content and information – and to get access to the 8 Secrets to Success in Your Business video course and worksheet – visit our website.