A Modern Fertility Pharmacy with Pam Schumann of SMP Pharmacy
September 12, 2022
Many people struggle to grow their families, so they turn to fertility treatments. However, the process can be confusing and not personal. SMP Pharmacy decided to change that by streamlining the process and making it easier on patients and nurses, alike.
In today’s episode, we talk with Pam Schumann, CEO of SMP Pharmacy, about why she saw the need for a new fertility management program, how to set your business up for acquisition, how to build a tech company, and so much more.
“What I brought to them was, I call it a modern look at what a fertility pharmacy could be.” – Pam Schumann
If you’re looking to take your business to the next level, join the Entreprenista League today at entreprenista.com/join. We can’t wait to welcome you, support you, and be part of your business journey!
This week’s takeaways from Entreprenista:
- Pam shares her background (1:15)
- Pam talks about her first company (5:41)
- Tips for setting your business up for acquisition (8:30)
- Pam talks all about SMP Pharmacy (11:51)
- Pam takes us through the process of building tech and shares how long it took for SMP Pharmacy to go live (21:33)
- What patients who use SMP Pharmacy can expect (31:32)
- How SMP Pharmacy is improving the patient experience (38:19)
- Rapid fire questions (42:28)
- What being an Entreprenista means to Pam (46:50)
- $150 off code for listeners – PODCAST
Our Favorite Quotes:
- “I have been so fortunate to make a living in something that I feel so strongly about.” – Pam Schumann
- “We decided to move to a seven day a week operation in all three of our locations because patients have questions. They’re going through fertility treatments, seven days a week and we needed to be there for them.” – Pam Schumann
- “From a business perspective, because we went for the hard one, and not the easy one, it’s gonna be very hard for our competition to replicate that anytime soon. So from a competitive advantage, it’s just from a pure business perspective, that’s been the better move.” – Pam Schumann
Connect with Pam Schumann:
If you’re looking to take your business to the next level:
Join our Entreprenista League community of women founders! You’ll have access to a private community of like-minded Entreprenistas who are making an impact in business every day, special discounts on business products and solutions, exclusive content, private events, the opportunity to have your story featured on our website and social channels, and MORE!
Whether you’re looking to scale your existing business and want to make the right connections, or you’re thinking about finally taking the leap to launch your business, we’re here to give you access to a community of women who will celebrate your every step, and with whom you can share the candid reality of building a business from scratch.
Join the Entreprenista League today at entreprenista.com/join. We can’t wait to welcome you, support you, and be part of your business journey!
Become An Entreprenista!
Thanks for tuning into this week’s episode of The Entreprenista Podcast – the most fun business meeting for female founders, by female founders. If you enjoyed this episode, please subscribe to the show and leave a review wherever you get your podcasts.
Be sure to share your favorite episodes across social media to help us reach more amazing female founders, like you.