Maternal Healthcare for ALL Moms with Dr. Pinkey Patel of Myri Health
After having her first child and experiencing first-hand the inaccessible postpartum care that plagues most mothers, Dr. Pinkey Patel set out to create an affordable, accessible solution where mothers could find OBGYN and PT reviewed information. Thus, Myri Health was born.
In today’s episode, we sit down with Dr. Pinkey Patel, founder and CEO of Myri Health, an app that has a mission to make postpartum care information accessible and affordable for mothers everywhere. Dr. Pinkey Patel shares what goes into creating an app, the importance of community building, her favorite time management tip, and so much more.
“You can’t have a thriving society without having a thriving mother.” – Dr. Pinkey Patel
This week on Startups in Stilettos:
- Dr. Pinkey Patel shares what her background is and what led up to the start of Myri Health (1:48)
- Dr. Pinkey Patel talks about what goes into developing an app and choosing who to work with (5:02)
- Dr. Pinkey Patel talks about when she decided to raise capital (8:34)
- Dr. Pinkey Patel shares the marketing strategy for Myri Health (12:51)
- A simple but effective time management tip (16:48)
- What Dr. Pinkey Patel is most proud of (19:01)
- Dr. Pinkey Patel shares what you can expect to see on her social media (26:53)
Our Favorite Quotes:
- “Here half of the population, more than half of us, don’t even know that physical therapy should be a standard of care. And so that knowledge combined with my experience with having my daughter led me to this journey that I never ever expected it to be at.” – Dr. Pinkey Patel
- “Honestly, to impact more mothers, we needed to expand the team beyond myself, like there’s only so much you can do yourself.” – Dr. Pinkey Patel
- “I say that science is in the DNA of Myri, it will remain that way. Because of my background. There’s a lot of information out there that’s not validated in science.” – Dr. Pinkey Patel
Connect with Dr. Pinkey Patel:
- Dr. Pinkey Patel on LinkedIn
- Dr. Pinkey Patel on Instagram
- Dr. Pinkey Patel on Twitter
- Myri on Instagram
- Myri on Twitter
- Myri on Facebook
- Myri on LinkedIn
Connect with your Startups in Stilettos hosts:
- Stephanie Cartin on Instagram
- Stephanie Cartin on LinkedIn
- Jessica Abo on Instagram
- Jessica Abo on LinkedIn
- Learn more about Jessica Abo here
Get Featured on Startups in Stilettos
Want a chance to be featured on Startups in Stilettos? We’re currently accepting applications from our Entreprenista League members to be featured on the show! Think of the Entreprenista League as your team members in what can be a lonely startup founder’s journey. You’ll have access to a private community of like-minded female startup founders who are making an impact in business every day, special discounts on business products and solutions, exclusive content, private events, the opportunity to have your story featured on our website, social channels – and, of course, the Startups in Stilettos podcast – and so much MORE!
Join the Entreprenista League today at entreprenista.com/join. We can’t wait to welcome you, support you, and be part of your business journey!
Grow Your Startup with Startups in Stilettos
Thanks for tuning into this week’s episode of Startups in Stilettos, powered by the Entreprenista PodcastNetwork. If you enjoyed this episode, please subscribe and leave a review wherever you get your podcasts.
Apple Podcasts|TuneIn|GooglePlay|Stitcher|Spotify|iHeart Radio
Be sure to share your favorite episodes on social media to help us reach more startup founders, like you, and have a chance to win a one-on-one mentor and strategy session with Stephanie Cartin.
Join us on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and LinkedIn. And for even more exclusive content and information – and to get access to the 8 Secrets to Success in Your Business video course and worksheet – visit our website.
Leave a Comment