Leaving the White House with Ronica Cleary of Cleary Strategies
Ronica had made it to the mecca of her industry––becoming a White House correspondent. But during her second pregnancy, she realized she wanted to prioritize her family, so she decided to start her own PR business.
In today’s episode, we sit down with Ronica Cleary, founder and CEO of Cleary Strategies, an agency that provides public relations, media placements, and crisis management to leaders and corporations. She shares why she left TV to start her business, the things she has learned, what hiring her for PR would look like for her clients, and so much more.
“We help them [clients] earn media placements in television, radio, print, digital and podcast. But I do like to say our specialty and the thing we do most often for our clients that really differentiates us from other PR agencies is our ability to secure TV placements for our clients.” – Ronica Cleary
This week on Startups in Stilettos:
- Ronica details what Cleary Strategies does (2:23)
- Ronica shares why she left TV to start her business (3:21)
- Ronica talks about the things she has learned (6:37)
- Ronica discusses when she knew it was time to leave her job to start Cleary Strategies (11:23)
- Ronica explains what PR looks like for her and her clients (15:00)
- Ronica shares her win for the week (21:49)
Our Favorite Quotes:
- “I had some really great advice from a former producer of mine, who said, you know, ‘you made it to the White House, you’ve made it to cover the White House in about five to eight years of television reporting and politics.’ You know, he said, ‘You did it. Some people it takes a lifetime. So it just feels like the time that you can check that off your list and start something new and creative that fulfills you.’” – Ronica Cleary
- “I say motherhood––having three children––and running a business. Both are not for the faint of heart.” – Ronica Cleary
- “You can’t really be a White House correspondent and run like a PR agency on the side.” – Ronica Cleary
Connect with Ronica Cleary:
Connect with your Startups in Stilettos hosts:
- Carlyn Bushman on Instagram
- Carlyn Bushman on LinkedIn
- Learn more about Carlyn Bushman here
- Jessica Abo on Instagram
- Jessica Abo on LinkedIn
- Learn more about Jessica Abo here
Get Featured on Startups in Stilettos
Want a chance to be featured on Startups in Stilettos? We’re currently accepting applications from our Entreprenista League members to be featured on the show! Think of the Entreprenista League as your team members in what can be a lonely startup founder’s journey. You’ll have access to a private community of like-minded female startup founders who are making an impact in business every day, special discounts on business products and solutions, exclusive content, private events, the opportunity to have your story featured on our website, social channels – and, of course, the Startups in Stilettos podcast – and so much MORE!
Join the Entreprenista League today at entreprenista.com/join. We can’t wait to welcome you, support you, and be part of your business journey!
Grow Your Startup with Startups in Stilettos
Thanks for tuning into this week’s episode of Startups in Stilettos, powered by the Entreprenista PodcastNetwork. If you enjoyed this episode, please subscribe and leave a review wherever you get your podcasts.
Apple Podcasts|TuneIn|GooglePlay|Stitcher|Spotify|iHeart Radio
Be sure to share your favorite episodes on social media to help us reach more startup founders, like you, and have a chance to win a one-on-one mentor and strategy session with Stephanie Cartin.
Join us on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and LinkedIn. And for even more exclusive content and information – and to get access to the 8 Secrets to Success in Your Business video course and worksheet – visit our website.
Leave a Comment