Learning The Heart and Soul of SEO with Meg Clarke of Clapping Dog Media
Like many Entreprenistas, Meg left the corporate world once she had kids and started to work on her own. She had experience with web design, so that’s what she did, before she realized that having the perfect website is meaningless if no one finds it. So she dug in and learned everything there was to know about SEO and now she helps other business owners create websites that convert.
In today’s episode, we sit down with Meg Clarke, founder of Clapping Dog Media, a digital media company that provides done-for-you and done-with-you SEO Services. She shares why SEO is important, the most important analytics in SEO, her thoughts on AI, and so much more.
“So I dove into analytics and SEO and trying to figure out how in the world people get traffic to their website and traffic that’s not spambots and not random people. It’s like traffic that really converts. And so I dove into that and really enjoyed it, I also realized there was not a lot of other women doing it.” – Meg Clarke
This week on Startups in Stilettos:
- Meg explains why SEO is important (2:03)
- Meg shares her opinion on press releases for SEO (6:49)
- Meg talks about the most important analytics for SEO (10:42)
- Meg shares where the name Clapping Dog came from (14:53)
- Meg explains the best thing to do for SEO today (20:48)
- Meg’s thoughts on AI (21:41)
- Meg explains how Clapping Dog Media operates (27:14)
Our Favorite Quotes:
- “They’re [Google] trying to get paid. And so because they’re trying to get paid, we know that they are really looking for value, and spam links and pure engagement are all things that they look at.” – Meg Clarke
- “Organic traffic is the heart and soul of SEO.” – Meg Clarke
- “Stella, my dog at the time would get up and she would, I taught her to kind of, like, wag her tail and celebrate with me. So she felt like a co worker.” – Meg Clarke
Join the Entreprenista League today at entreprenista.com/join. We can’t wait to welcome you, support you, and be part of your business journey!
Connect with Meg Clarke:
Connect with your Startups in Stilettos hosts:
- Jessica Abo on Instagram
- Jessica Abo on LinkedIn
- Learn more about Jessica Abo here
- Carlyn Bushman on Instagram
- Carlyn Bushman on LinkedIn
- Learn more about Carlyn Bushman here
Get Featured on Startups in Stilettos
Want a chance to be featured on Startups in Stilettos? We’re currently accepting applications from our Entreprenista League members to be featured on the show! Think of the Entreprenista League as your team members in what can be a lonely startup founder’s journey. You’ll have access to a private community of like-minded female startup founders who are making an impact in business every day, special discounts on business products and solutions, exclusive content, private events, the opportunity to have your story featured on our website, social channels – and, of course, the Startups in Stilettos podcast – and so much MORE!
Grow Your Startup with Startups in Stilettos
Thanks for tuning into this week’s episode of Startups in Stilettos, powered by the Entreprenista PodcastNetwork. If you enjoyed this episode, please subscribe and leave a review wherever you get your podcasts.
Be sure to share your favorite episodes on social media to help us reach more startup founders, like you, and have a chance to win a one-on-one mentor and strategy session with Stephanie Cartin.
Join us on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and LinkedIn. And for even more exclusive content and information – and to get access to the 8 Secrets to Success in Your Business video course and worksheet – visit our website.