Investigating the Metaverse: The Legal Side of Web3 with Jennifer Justice
One of the most intimidating things about Web3 is the sometimes-murky legal side of things. There are a fair amount of scams out there and it can feel pretty overwhelming, but luckily there are people who have it all figured out—and you’ll meet one of them today.
We’re sitting down with Jennifer Justice, an entertainment and live experience executive known for her expertise in building artists’ careers and business portfolios by marrying art with commerce. Jennifer helped build entertainment company Roc Nation and is founder and CEO of The Justice Dept, a female focused advisory, consulting, and law firm advocating for female founders, talent, executives, and brands.
Listen in to episode five of Web3 with MCG. Jennifer tells Michelle about what it was like representing a then-unknown Jay-Z fresh out of law school, breaks down what a PFP is, and explains the legal side of Web3 and NFTs.
In this episode, you’ll learn:
- How Jennifer got into entertainment law (01:01)
- What made Jennifer curious about Web3 (07:02)
- Jennifer’s vision for the future of Web3 and the entertainment industry (15:05)
- What goes into governing royalties using the blockchain (17:34)
- The impact Web3 might have on the next generation (21:15)
Connect with Jennifer:
Leave a Comment