Innovating Accessible, Equitable, and Inclusive Tech for Women with Simmone Taitt of Poppy Seed Health
Simmone Taitt is the Founder and CEO of Poppy Seed Health, a company she launched after 14 years of working in tech startups such as Gilt Group, SpaFinder, and Handwriting.io. Poppy Seed Health is revolutionizing support and care for pregnant and postpartum individuals through on-demand, 24/7 access to doulas, midwives, and nurses. In addition to her work as CEO of Poppy Seed Health, Simmone serves as the Founder and Principal of HeartSpace NY, a boutique agency with a unique approach to consulting.
Simmone joins us today to discuss the process of building a tech company for womens’ reproductive journeys. She shares the pivotal pregnancy loss experience that sparked the business idea for Poppy Seed Health and outlines how she solidified the company’s name and branding. Simmone also shares advice for fundraising in a male-dominated industry and underscores the value of vulnerability and deep empathy in building a tech product.
“Tech could be used not just for innovation, but also for serving people through creating more accessibility and inclusivity.” – Simmone Taitt
If you’re looking to take your business to the next level, join the Entreprenista League today at entreprenista.com/join. We can’t wait to welcome you, support you, and be part of your business journey!
This week’s takeaways from Entreprenista:
- Getting bit by the “building bug” and Simmone’s journey from tech to entrepreneurship
- How Simmone’s experience with pregnancy loss led her to found Poppy Seed Health
- What a doula is and Simmone’s first encounter with one
- Why Simmone focused on Poppy Seed Health’s branding while she was creating the business
- Hemorrhoids in pregnancy and its relation to shame and stigma
- Midwifery care and the important role of nurses
- Poppy Seed Health’s services and why the company focuses on supporting its customers through text messaging
- How Simmone built and beta-tested Poppy Seed Health’s app
- Creating an equitable business model
- The fundraising process for a tech company
- Why Simmone values empathy and vulnerability when building a product
- App: Flo Health
Our Favorite Quotes:
- “Wanting to feel better is a human experience. People should have emotional, mental health, and wellbeing support within seconds in the moments they need it most.” – Simmone Taitt
- “Have vulnerability, deep empathy, and big returns—not only just for you and your investors, but also for the people you serve.” – Simmone Taitt
- “When choosing who’s at your cap table, make sure they mirror the people you’re supporting or whoever your customers are.” – Simmone Taitt
Connect with Simmone Taitt:
- Poppy Seed Health
- Poppy Seed Health on LinkedIn
- Poppy Seed Health on Instagram
- Poppy Seed Health on Facebook
- Simmone Taitt on LinkedIn
If you’re looking to take your business to the next level:
Join our Entreprenista League community of women founders! You’ll have access to a private community of like-minded Entreprenistas who are making an impact in business every day, special discounts on business products and solutions, exclusive content, private events, the opportunity to have your story featured on our website and social channels, and MORE!
Whether you’re looking to scale your existing business and want to make the right connections, or you’re thinking about finally taking the leap to launch your business, we’re here to give you access to a community of women who will celebrate your every step, and with whom you can share the candid reality of building a business from scratch.
Join the Entreprenista League today at entreprenista.com/join. We can’t wait to welcome you, support you, and be part of your business journey!
Introducing… Startups in Stilettos Podcast
Have you recently started a business? Are you considering taking the leap to start? Do you find yourself alone and overwhelmed in the whirlwind of early challenges in your entreprenista journey?
Then our newest podcast – brought to you by the Entreprenista Network – is for you.
The Startups in Stilettos Podcast helps you learn what it takes to grow your startup from your peers in the startup world and those who are in your shoes… or your stilettos, if you will. Each week, you’ll hear from startup founders from the Entreprenista League who are in the trenches and building their businesses from the ground up.
Learn more about the Startups in Stilettos Podcast by visiting www.entreprenista.com/startupsinstilettos/ and subscribe wherever you get your podcasts..
Startups in Stilettos launches on March 8, 2022 – on International Women’s Day. We can’t wait to share everything we have in store with you.
Become An Entreprenista!
Thanks for tuning into this week’s episode of The Entreprenista Podcast – the most fun business meeting for female founders, by female founders. If you enjoyed this episode, please subscribe to the show and leave a review wherever you get your podcasts.
Be sure to share your favorite episodes across social media to help us reach more amazing female founders, like you.
Don’t forget to follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and LinkedIn and for more exclusive content, tips, and insight, join the Entreprenistas Facebook group and visit the SocialFly website.