How to Merge Businesses with Your Best Friend with Kristyn Hodgdon and Abby Mercado
After shared experiences revolving around infertility, Abby Mercado and Kristyn Hodgdon became friends. During the pandemic, Abby asked Kristyn to merge their ventures to create an online space for women who have struggled with infertility. Today, their business, Rescripted, is the number one platform for fertility.
Today, we sit down with Kristyn Hodgdon and Abby Mercado, co-founders of Rescripted, the number one digital platform for fertility and women’s health. They share why they decided to combine their businesses, how they fund Rescripted, their monetization strategy, and so much more.
“Rescripted is science-backed content, but in the voice of your best friend over brunch.” – Abby Mercado
If you’re looking to take your business to the next level, join the Entreprenista League today at entreprenista.com/join. We can’t wait to welcome you, support you, and be part of your business journey!
This week’s takeaways from Entreprenista:
- Kristyn shares how Rescripted came to be (2:40)
- Abby talks about meeting Kristyn (6:16)
- Abby and Kristyn discuss how it felt to combine their businesses (10:14)
- Abby shares about the process of funding the business (18:44)
- Kristyn and Abby discuss hiring their team (25:42)
- Abby talks about the monetization strategy (30:43)
- Abby shares how they prioritize in the business (37:47)
- Kristyn discusses navigating infertility while building a business (44:15)
- What being an Entreprenista means to Kristyn and Abby (49:27)
Our Favorite Quotes:
- “Abby and I have different––our skill sets didn’t really overlap. You know, we really are kind of like the Yin to each other’s Yang.” – Kristyn Hodgdon
- “Our passion is to educate and empower consumers, specifically women.” – Abby Mercado
- “40% of women don’t know what the ovulatory window is, which I believe, because I was 27, married with a bachelor’s degree before I knew that I needed to ovulate in order to get pregnant.” – Kristyn Hodgdon
Connect with Kristyn and Abby:
- Rescripted on Instagram
- Rescripted on TikTok
- Kristyn Hodgdon on LinkedIn
- Abby Mercado on LinkedIn
If you’re looking to take your business to the next level:
Join our Entreprenista League community of women founders! You’ll have access to a private community of like-minded Entreprenistas who are making an impact in business every day, special discounts on business products and solutions, exclusive content, private events, the opportunity to have your story featured on our website and social channels, and MORE!
Whether you’re looking to scale your existing business and want to make the right connections, or you’re thinking about finally taking the leap to launch your business, we’re here to give you access to a community of women who will celebrate your every step, and with whom you can share the candid reality of building a business from scratch.
Join the Entreprenista League today at entreprenista.com/join. We can’t wait to welcome you, support you, and be part of your business journey!
Become An Entreprenista!
Thanks for tuning into this week’s episode of The Entreprenista Podcast – the most fun business meeting for female founders, by female founders. If you enjoyed this episode, please subscribe to the show and leave a review wherever you get your podcasts.
Be sure to share your favorite episodes across social media to help us reach more amazing female founders, like you.