How to Land Your Brand in Target with Adriana Carrig of The Little Words Project
Adriana dealt with bullying her entire life. In college, she made bracelets for her sorority as a way to remind the women of self love and community. Soon, she realized that she could combine her desire to be a boss with her love of inspirational bracelet making to create a company that would reach the masses and help foster a community of encouraging women.
Today, we sit down with Adriana Carrig, founder and CEO of Little Words Project, a bracelet company that aims to build community and encouragement. She shares her secrets to hiring, how her marketing has changed over the years, how Little Words Project got into Target, and so much more.
“We really, as women, needed a reminder, a daily reminder to be kind to one another, love ourselves, and then also kind of lift one another up and kind of share that love as we come across it.” – Adriana Carrig
If you’re looking to take your business to the next level, join the Entreprenista League today at entreprenista.com/join. We can’t wait to welcome you, support you, and be part of your business journey!
This week’s takeaways from Entreprenista:
- Adriana shares where the idea to start Little Words Project came from (3:12)
- Adriana talks about how she knew it was time to hire (9:41)
- Adriana discusses her learning lessons (17:56)
- Adriana shares her secret to hiring the right people (22:15)
- Adriana gives insight on how marketing has changed over the years (28:49)
- Rapid fire questions (36:01)
- Adriana discusses managing a business while struggling with infertility (37:51)
- Adriana shares how Little Words Project got into Target (45:22)
- What being an Entreprenista means to Adriana (50:34)
- Culture Index
- Discount Code for Little Words Project: ENTREPRENISTA15
Our Favorite Quotes:
- “I don’t always have everything figured out. I’m not like a buttoned up person. So for me, I just started, I literally, I woke up, I had that idea of the tracing code, the trackability code, I knew what I wanted them to look like, right?” – Adriana Carrig
- “I oftentimes will kind of come over top and say, ‘Well, my gut is telling me that we should still do this.’ And luckily, I have a team that believes in that gut still.” – Adriana Carrig
- “So yeah, once I became a part of that club, I just became––as much as I could, and as much time as time would allow––an advocate for it.” – Adriana Carrig
Connect with Adriana Carrig:
- Little Words Project on Instagram
- Little Words Project on TikTok
- Adriana Carrig on Instagram
- Glow Through It Podcast
If you’re looking to take your business to the next level:
Join our Entreprenista League community of women founders! You’ll have access to a private community of like-minded Entreprenistas who are making an impact in business every day, special discounts on business products and solutions, exclusive content, private events, the opportunity to have your story featured on our website and social channels, and MORE!
Whether you’re looking to scale your existing business and want to make the right connections, or you’re thinking about finally taking the leap to launch your business, we’re here to give you access to a community of women who will celebrate your every step, and with whom you can share the candid reality of building a business from scratch.
Join the Entreprenista League today at entreprenista.com/join. We can’t wait to welcome you, support you, and be part of your business journey!
Become An Entreprenista!
Thanks for tuning into this week’s episode of The Entreprenista Podcast – the most fun business meeting for female founders, by female founders. If you enjoyed this episode, please subscribe to the show and leave a review wherever you get your podcasts.
Be sure to share your favorite episodes across social media to help us reach more amazing female founders, like you.