How To Find Unique Ways To Fund Your Business with Arion Long of Femly
Our Entreprenista of the Year: Arion Long has always been an overachiever; she started college at 15 years old. But one thing that threatened to hold her back was her periods. After going to many gynecologists, she found one that not only listened to her, but told her something that would change the course of her life.
Today, we sit down with Arion Long, CEO and founder of Femly, an eco-friendly and organic feminine care company that disruptively provides organic products in a smart dispenser in restrooms nationwide. She shares what personal reason led her to start Femly, AMAZING fundraising tips, how she built her team, and so much more.
“I realized after going to a doctor that my symptoms were linked directly to chemicals and the period care that I was using. And when I couldn’t find an option that was eco friendly and sustainable, I launched Femly to meet demand, but I had no idea what I was doing.” – Arion Long
If you’re looking to take your business to the next level, join the Entreprenista League today at entreprenista.com/join. We can’t wait to welcome you, support you, and be part of your business journey!
This week’s takeaways from Entreprenista:
- Arion shares about her background and how that led her to start Femly (0:45)
- Arion’s unique way of finding resources that helped her start Femly (3:06)
- Arion tells us about the mistakes that helped her grow (4:56)
- Arion discusses her marketing strategy (9:09)
- Arion talks all about her fundraising journey [you don’t want to miss this] (15:47)
- Arion shares the difficult parts about fundraising (24:01)
- Arion talks about building out her team (26:21)
- Rapid fire questions (31:54)
- Arion gives advice to others going through a hard time (34:35)
- Arion shares her vision for the future of Femly (38:43)
- What being an Entreprenista means to Arion (39:31)
Our Favorite Quotes:
- “We had an incident in our third month where we went viral on Twitter, and when you got about 10,000 orders, and we had to refund more than half because we just didn’t have capacity.” – Arion Long
- “So currently, we are selling a dispenser that I created and patented-–and that went viral with 70 million views—into restrooms, at colleges, hospitals, hotels and beyond.” – Arion Long
- “So we think of ourselves as like your auntie holding a good glass of wine telling you what to avoid to throw off your pH.” – Arion Long
Connect with Arion:
If you’re looking to take your business to the next level:
Join our Entreprenista League community of women founders! You’ll have access to a private community of like-minded Entreprenistas who are making an impact in business every day, special discounts on business products and solutions, exclusive content, private events, the opportunity to have your story featured on our website and social channels, and MORE!
Whether you’re looking to scale your existing business and want to make the right connections, or you’re thinking about finally taking the leap to launch your business, we’re here to give you access to a community of women who will celebrate your every step, and with whom you can share the candid reality of building a business from scratch.
Join the Entreprenista League today at entreprenista.com/join. We can’t wait to welcome you, support you, and be part of your business journey!
Become An Entreprenista!
Thanks for tuning into this week’s episode of The Entreprenista Podcast – the most fun business meeting for female founders, by female founders. If you enjoyed this episode, please subscribe to the show and leave a review wherever you get your podcasts.
Be sure to share your favorite episodes across social media to help us reach more amazing female founders, like you.