How Martha Stewart & Marley Spoon Can Help Busy Entreprenistas with Co-Founder Jennifer Aaronson
Jennifer Aaronson is an entrepreneur and the Culinary Director and Co-Founder of Martha Stewart & Marley Spoon, a brand that makes it easier for families to cook delicious meals at home by sending tasty recipes and fresh ingredients to their door. Before co-founding Martha Stewart & Marley Spoon, Jennifer worked as the Editorial Director of Food and Entertaining at Martha Stewart Living for over 13 years. In addition to her role as the Culinary Director of Martha Stewart & Marley Spoon, Jennifer serves as the Culinary Director for the Boro6 Wine Bar, a restaurant she co-owns with her husband.
Jennifer joins us today to share her career arc, from double-majoring in Economics and French Literature at Cornell University to working in banking, being a food critic, and working with Martha Stewart. She describes how and why she decided to co-found Martha Stewart & Marley Spoon after working for more than a decade at Martha Stewart Living. She discusses what it’s like to partner with a celebrity like Martha Stewart and the lessons she learned from the experience. Jennifer also underscores why it’s important for women to find their inner voice and advocate for themselves.
“To go from an unknown company to becoming a part of a well-known brand is a great decision for any little company.” – Jennifer Aaronson
This week’s takeaways from Entreprenista:
- Jennifer’s career journey and what led her to co-found Martha Stewart & Marley Spoon
- Becoming a food critic and how Jennifer found opportunities to write for food magazines
- How and when restaurant reviews are done
- How Jennifer went back to cooking after her career as a food critic
- Her career at Martha Stewart Living and what she learned from the experience
- How Jennifer co-founded Martha Stewart & Marley Spoon and how they collaborated with Martha Stewart
- Signing up with Martha Stewart & Marley Spoon and the simplicity of ordering meals with the company
- Managing the operations and logistics of a food manufacturing company
- What made Martha Stewart & Marley Spoon decide to launch ready-made meal kits
- Martha Stewart & Marley Spoon’s target market and consumer and Jennifer’s advice on marketing
- What it’s like to develop a partnership and business with a celebrity like Martha Stewart
- What’s next for the Martha Stewart & Marley Spoon & Martha Stewart Living partnership
- Jennifer’s favorite dish and ingredients
- How Jennifer balances her time between working and raising a family
Our Favorite Quotes:
- “Being able to pull pre-made, pre-measured ingredients and enjoy cooking and making a home-cooked meal for your family is a gift.” – Jennifer Aaronson
- “Ingredients are always better when you grow them yourself.” – Jennifer Aaronson
- “I encourage young women to use their voice and speak up for themselves. If you tune in to your inner voice, you will find the right path for you.” – Jennifer Aaronson
Connect with Jennifer Aaronson:
- Martha Stewart & Marley Spoon
- Martha Stewart & Marley Spoon on LinkedIn
- Martha Stewart & Marley Spoon on Instagram
- Martha Stewart & Marley Spoon on Facebook
- Martha Stewart & Marley Spoon on Twitter
- Boro6 Wine Bar
- Boro6 Wine Bar on Facebook
- Boro6 Wine Bar on Instagram
- Boro6 Wine Bar on Twitter
- Jennifer Aaronson on LinkedIn
If you’re looking to take your business to the next level:
Join our Entreprenista League community of women founders! You’ll have access to a private community of like-minded Entreprenistas who are making an impact in business every day, special discounts on business products and solutions, exclusive content, private events, the opportunity to have your story featured on our website and social channels, and MORE!
Whether you’re looking to scale your existing business and want to make the right connections, or you’re thinking about finally taking the leap to launch your business, we’re here to give you access to a community of women who will celebrate your every step, and with whom you can share the candid reality of building a business from scratch.
Join the Entreprenista League today at entreprenista.com/join. We can’t wait to welcome you, support you, and be part of your business journey!
Be the Best Dressed on Zoom…and the Most Comfortable
Entreprenistas – it’s time to look professional and feel comfortable while working from home.
Introducing WorkRobe – the WFH-ready robes designed to help you be the best dressed professional on Zoom…and the most comfortable.
Gone are the days of wasting time trying to find the perfect outfit to wear on Zoom, only to change back into loungewear the second your meeting ends. The WorkRobe robe means business! With the look of a professional robe on the top, no one on Zoom will ever know you’re wearing a robe.
If you’re ready to start looking great and feeling comfortable at your next Zoom meeting, head over to www.myworkrobe.com to order your Workrobe today. Enter code Entreprenista15 to receive 15% off your first order.
Say “Hello!” To DigiCards™
Are you ready to take your virtual team meetings to the next level? Are you tired of yelling “You’re on mute!” at your computer screen and letting the important points you were trying to make get lost?
If you’re tired of leading unproductive, distraction-filled team meetings, then it’s time for you to say “Hello!” to DigiCards. Each pack of virtual meeting cards include 20 color-coded professional cards designed to streamline your meeting communications while allowing each meeting to create an opportunity for collaboration and fun.
Say “Goodbye!” to waving your arms, being ignored, and frantically typing in the chat.
Start your next virtual meeting with DigiCards – the virtual meeting cards for entreprenistas.
To grab your deck of DigiCards and bring fun, engagement, and collaboration back into your team meetings, visit www.hellodigicards.com. Use the coupon code: Entreprenista10 to receive 10% off your first order.
Become An Entreprenista!
Thanks for tuning into this week’s episode of The Entreprenista Podcast – the most fun business meeting for female founders, by female founders. If you enjoyed this episode, please subscribe to the show and leave a review wherever you get your podcasts.
Be sure to share your favorite episodes across social media to help us reach more amazing female founders, like you.
Don’t forget to follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and LinkedIn and for more exclusive content, tips, and insight, join the Entreprenistas Facebook group and visit the SocialFly website.