How Jerri Evans Took Her Business Online During the Pandemic
When Jerri was a teenager, her life turned upside once her mother was diagnosed with cancer. Her mother completely transformed the family’s way of living through food. After Jerri’s mom passed, Jerri left a stable career to go back home. That’s when she decided to continue her mother’s legacy, and forge her own.
Today, we sit down with Jerri Evans, owner of Turning Natural, a juice bar that provides fresh and natural food to urban communities in the DC area, as well as online. She shares her advice for starting a store, why she had trouble getting funding, how she found her team, and so much more.
“I wanted to be able to provide something that was cool, fun and accessible to people. And so that’s how I birthed the idea of juicing, but I want you to have something good that you’re putting in.” – Jerri Evans
If you’re looking to take your business to the next level, join the Entreprenista League today at entreprenista.com/join. We can’t wait to welcome you, support you, and be part of your business journey!
This week’s takeaways from Entreprenista:
- Jerri shares when she knew it was time to start Turning Natural (2:42)
- Jerri talks about the first steps she took in business (9:27)
- Jerri gives advice for brick and mortar businesses (15:15)
- Jerri explains why she didn’t get funding (20:31)
- Jerri shares why she actually opened multiple locations (22:31)
- Jerri talks about finding her team (27:59)
- Jerri discusses figuring out the process of working with investors (38:51)
- What being an Entreprenista means to Jerri (46:09)
Our Favorite Quotes:
- “That’s not just your mother, it’s your best friend, it’s your gossip buddy. She’s a little bit of everything to you.” – Jerri Evans
- “I quit my job, right? But I had to go back to work, because you have to finance this thing.” – Jerri Evans
- “You’re tasked with being the visionary. And being the visionary, sometimes it’s a very isolating space.” – Jerri Evans
This episode was made possible by our friends at Square, who are passionate about empowering women to Just Get Started with their business idea. Square is offering Entreprenista listeners 20% off your first POS hardware device. Click here for more.
Connect with Jerri Evans:
- Turning Natural on Instagram
- Turning Natural on Facebook
- Jerri Evans on Instagram
If you’re looking to take your business to the next level:
Join our Entreprenista League community of women founders! You’ll have access to a private community of like-minded Entreprenistas who are making an impact in business every day, special discounts on business products and solutions, exclusive content, private events, the opportunity to have your story featured on our website and social channels, and MORE!
Whether you’re looking to scale your existing business and want to make the right connections, or you’re thinking about finally taking the leap to launch your business, we’re here to give you access to a community of women who will celebrate your every step, and with whom you can share the candid reality of building a business from scratch.
Join the Entreprenista League today at entreprenista.com/join. We can’t wait to welcome you, support you, and be part of your business journey!
Become An Entreprenista!
Thanks for tuning into this week’s episode of The Entreprenista Podcast – the most fun business meeting for female founders, by female founders. If you enjoyed this episode, please subscribe to the show and leave a review wherever you get your podcasts.
Be sure to share your favorite episodes across social media to help us reach more amazing female founders, like you.