Growing Your Business with Carlyn Bushman of Carlyn Bushman Consulting
When Carlyn stepped into Entrepreneurship to be closer to her four children, she thought it would be easy. After her first business came to an end, she realized her real passion was in helping other women grow their businesses, thus she created Carlyn Bushman Consulting.
In this episode, we sit down with Carlyn Bushman, founder of Carlyn Bushman Consulting, a consulting firm that helps women grow their businesses and define their success. Carlyn shares why she switched business models, what her business looks like today, what helped her business explode, and so much more.
“I work with women who are just starting out. And I typically do that through a workshop, POP Academy, it is very popular. And that is a workshop that I hold where it takes you from six steps, and we go through it together. And it really gets you grounded in your business.” – Carlyn Bushman
This week on Startups in Stilettos:
- Carlyn talks about her background and what made her start her business (1:40)
- What made Carlyn switch to a different business model after 2 years in business (6:51)
- Carlyn shares what her business looks like today (10:42)
- What helped Carlyn fast-track her business (12:32)
- Stephanie and Carlyn talk about managing social media (22:12)
- Stephanie and Carlyn discuss adspend (26:57)
Our Favorite Quotes:
- “You have to be very intentional with your schedule when dropping into entrepreneurship as well.” – Carlyn Bushman
- “So I would advise anybody who’s in a partnership, definitely drop in and make sure you have a tight exit agreement.” – Carlyn Bushman
- “So if I think about your business, I’m figuring out what comes next, then what’s next, then what’s next and how to put it all together. It’s the visual that I’ve come up with lately, because I cannot not think about your business. And it really matters to me.” – Carlyn Bushman
Connect with Carlyn Bushman:
- Carlyn on LinkedIn
- Carlyn on Instagram
- Carlyn on Facebook
- Carlyn on TikTok
Connect with your Startups in Stilettos hosts:
- Stephanie Cartin on Instagram
- Stephanie Cartin on LinkedIn
- Jessica Abo on Instagram
- Jessica Abo on LinkedIn
- Learn more about Jessica Abo here
Get Featured on Startups in Stilettos
Want a chance to be featured on Startups in Stilettos? We’re currently accepting applications from our Entreprenista League members to be featured on the show! Think of the Entreprenista League as your team members in what can be a lonely startup founder’s journey. You’ll have access to a private community of like-minded female startup founders who are making an impact in business every day, special discounts on business products and solutions, exclusive content, private events, the opportunity to have your story featured on our website, social channels – and, of course, the Startups in Stilettos podcast – and so much MORE!
Join the Entreprenista League today at entreprenista.com/join. We can’t wait to welcome you, support you, and be part of your business journey!
Grow Your Startup with Startups in Stilettos
Thanks for tuning into this week’s episode of Startups in Stilettos, powered by the Entreprenista PodcastNetwork. If you enjoyed this episode, please subscribe and leave a review wherever you get your podcasts.
Be sure to share your favorite episodes on social media to help us reach more startup founders, like you, and have a chance to win a one-on-one mentor and strategy session with Stephanie Cartin.
Join us on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and LinkedIn. And for even more exclusive content and information – and to get access to the 8 Secrets to Success in Your Business video course and worksheet – visit our website.