Golden Hour Glow with Karima El-Hakkaoui of Six Gldn
As women, we do and balance A LOT. And many times, we can be left feeling unbalanced. For Karima El-Hakkaoui, she decided to revolutionize the skincare game after spending two decades growing frustrated with the way the industry handled skincare. Her desire is for women to feel healthy and well-balanced.
In today’s episode, we sit down with Karima El-Hakkaoui, founder and CEO of Six Gldn, a Korean skincare brand that is rooted in the ancient principles of beauty and wellness. She talks about the thoughtful branding and packaging for Six Gldn, the unique business tools she uses, what Six Gldn will be doing next year, and so much more.
“So what we are is this oasis of balance for anything that deals with stress, nutrition and skin. Right now, we just have our first launch, which is the skincare and what it does is it brings all skin back into balance. You can be oily dry, it can be anything but it brings it back to balance and the reason why is balanced skin is healthy, radiant skin.” – Karima El-Hakkaoui
This week on Startups in Stilettos:
- Karima shares why she decided to start Six Gldn (1:40)
- Karima talks about the branding and packaging for Six Gldn (6:32)
- Karima explains her unique tools that she uses in her business (12:30)
- How Karima got Six Gldn into retail (14:52)
- Karima shares the challenges she’s faced (17:30)
- Stephanie and Karima talk about how to make introductions to venture capitalists (19:26)
- Karima talks about what Six Gldn will be doing in the next year (23:19)
Our Favorite Quotes:
- “One of the biggest issues with us is not knowing what we don’t know, you know, we don’t know what we don’t know.” – Karima El-Hakkaoui
- “The reason we’re called Six Gldn is because when the sun is six degrees above the horizon, it’s golden hour and how does your skin look at golden hour? It’s stunning. It’s radiant, glowing and healthy.” – Karima El-Hakkaoui
- “On my wrist, I have the word jump in my own handwriting tattooed. That’s kind of my theory for everything is I’m going to jump in and then figure it out on the way like the way through.” – Karima El-Hakkaoui
Connect with Karima El-Hakkaoui:
Connect with your Startups in Stilettos hosts:
- Stephanie Cartin on Instagram
- Stephanie Cartin on LinkedIn
- Jessica Abo on Instagram
- Jessica Abo on LinkedIn
- Learn more about Jessica Abo here
Get Featured on Startups in Stilettos
Want a chance to be featured on Startups in Stilettos? We’re currently accepting applications from our Entreprenista League members to be featured on the show! Think of the Entreprenista League as your team members in what can be a lonely startup founder’s journey. You’ll have access to a private community of like-minded female startup founders who are making an impact in business every day, special discounts on business products and solutions, exclusive content, private events, the opportunity to have your story featured on our website, social channels – and, of course, the Startups in Stilettos podcast – and so much MORE!
Join the Entreprenista League today at entreprenista.com/join. We can’t wait to welcome you, support you, and be part of your business journey!
Grow Your Startup with Startups in Stilettos
Thanks for tuning into this week’s episode of Startups in Stilettos, powered by the Entreprenista PodcastNetwork. If you enjoyed this episode, please subscribe and leave a review wherever you get your podcasts.
Be sure to share your favorite episodes on social media to help us reach more startup founders, like you, and have a chance to win a one-on-one mentor and strategy session with Stephanie Cartin.
Join us on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and LinkedIn. And for even more exclusive content and information – and to get access to the 8 Secrets to Success in Your Business video course and worksheet – visit our website.