The Secret Formula to a Successful Organization with Eve Rodsky of Fair Play
When Eve experienced a breakdown in communication with her partner, she wiped away her tears of frustration and turned them into fuel for social change. In a true Entreprenista fashion, Eve applied her Harvard-trained background in organizational management to completely re-imagine the structures we have cultivated within the home front. Her solution? Creating a gamified life-management system that helps partners rebalance their workload and in turn, re-invent their relationship.
Today, we sit down with Eve Rodsky, founder of Philanthropy Advisory Group, as well as the New York Times bestselling author of Fair Play and Find Your Unicorn Space. She shares with us her mission of making the invisible visible, how a spreadsheet acted as a catalyst for expanding her empire, why Fair Play is not just for women in relationships, the secret formula for building successful organizations, and so much more!
“It’s not the systems that are hard to ask for. It’s really understanding that you deserve to be unavailable.” – Eve Rodsky
If you’re looking to take your business to the next level, join the Entreprenista League today at entreprenista.com/join. We can’t wait to welcome you, support you, and be part of your business journey!
This week’s takeaways from Entreprenista:
- How a simple text led to the expansion of Eve’s empire (2:26)
- Eve shares she took action toward her vision of the modern home (6:00)
- Eve explains how her viral spreadsheet evolved into the creation of Fair Play (8:58)
- Eve shares why Fair Play is not just for women in relationships (14:29)
- Eve talks about the secret formula for transforming the dynamic of her marriage (16:30)
- Eve explains how to start having the difficult conversations that lead to growth (20:08)
- Eve emphasizes the importance of communication and regular check-ins (26:28)
- How Eve came into partnership with Hello, Sunshine when writing Fair Play (31:12)
- Eve talks about the benefits of being a lawyer when making major career moves (33:35)
- Eve shares her craziest moments along the journey (35:53)
- What being an Entreprenista means to Eve (39:09)
Our Favorite Quotes:
- One of my favorite quotes is that you know, you can’t manage what you can’t measure.” – Eve Rodsky
- “Society basically said, you’re allowed to be a parent, you’re allowed to be a partner, you’re allowed to be professional, but God forbid Eve, you want to use your time and anything else, we’re going to shame you into submission.” – Eve Rodsky
- “Often, it’s the person who feels oppressed or that things need to change that has to initiate the conversations. “ – Eve Rodsky
- “If your mind is made up that there’s a problem out there that you want to solve, solve it, go for it, solve it when nobody else tells you it’s an issue. If you know it’s an issue, and you feel that in your gut, solve it.” – Eve Rodsky
Connect with Eve Rodsky:
If you’re looking to take your business to the next level:
Join our Entreprenista League community of women founders! You’ll have access to a private community of like-minded Entreprenistas who are making an impact in business every day, special discounts on business products and solutions, exclusive content, private events, the opportunity to have your story featured on our website and social channels, and MORE!
Whether you’re looking to scale your existing business and want to make the right connections, or you’re thinking about finally taking the leap to launch your business, we’re here to give you access to a community of women who will celebrate your every step, and with whom you can share the candid reality of building a business from scratch.
Join the Entreprenista League today at entreprenista.com/join. We can’t wait to welcome you, support you, and be part of your business journey!
Become An Entreprenista!
Thanks for tuning into this week’s episode of The Entreprenista Podcast – the most fun business meeting for female founders, by female founders. If you enjoyed this episode, please subscribe to the show and leave a review wherever you get your podcasts.
Be sure to share your favorite episodes across social media to help us reach more amazing female founders, like you.