Democratizing Investing and Financial Wellness with Shauna Armitage of Odo
Shauna Armitage is the Co-founder of Odo, a fintech start-up that helps people safely grow their wealth. Shauna is a fractional marketing director who guides founders at all stages of growth in developing impactful marketing programs. Before co-founding Odo, Shauna served as the Director of Marketing for fitDEGREE and Director of Digital Media for The Modern Marketer by DPA. Shauna is also the creator and host of the Startup Renegades Podcast, a show where she interviews founders who have turned their ideas into thriving brands.
Shauna joins us today to tell the story of how she accidentally became an Entreprenista and recall the early lessons she learned from working at a marketing agency. She explains how being fired from her marketing agency job fueled her to start her own business. She describes how she eventually found her niche in marketing for early-stage start-ups and discusses how she finds clarity around which clients to take on. Shauna also highlights Odo’s mission to provide loss-protected investing to help women grow their wealth and underscores the value of being adaptable and persevering.
“Be adaptable and keep moving. If you don’t love the place where you currently are, you haven’t gotten there yet. Push through until you find your happy place.” – Shauna Armitage
If you’re looking to take your business to the next level, join the Entreprenista League today at entreprenista.com/join. We can’t wait to welcome you, support you, and be part of your business journey!
This week’s takeaways from Entreprenista:
- Shauna’s background and how she accidentally became an Entreprenista
- How freelancing led Shauna to the world of marketing
- Her experience working with a marketing agency
- The first steps Shauna took toward starting her own business
- How Shauna priced her services and how long it took her to find her niche
- The value of having a community for women entrepreneurs
- The three reasons people avoid investing their money
- The peloton for financial health and how Odo is democratizing investing
- The process behind Odo’s waitlist and launch strategy
- Shauna’s ideas on finding first adopters and brand advocates
- Building a budget to run an initial test with your first wave of audience
- What differentiates Odo from other financial wellness and investing platforms
- How Odo is building a community for financial wellness
- Shauna’s experience fundraising and the lessons she learned from it
- Best practices for organizing fundraising processes
- App: Fabulous
Our Favorite Quotes:
- “Understanding whatever others have done before you can help in making smart business decisions.” – Shauna Armitage
- “Money is scary to people. With money being taboo and the anxiety it causes to people, we try not to engage with it as a general rule.” – Shauna Armitage
- “You can’t just spray and pray. You need to do the research to find investors who are investing in your round size, and who fit your business’s thesis.” – Shauna Armitage
Connect with Shauna Armitage:
- Shauna Armitage Website
- Startup Renegades Podcast
- Odo on LinkedIn
- Odo on Instagram
- Odo on Facebook
- Shauna Armitage on LinkedIn
- Shauna Armitage on Instagram
- Shauna Armitage on Facebook
- Shauna Armitage on Twitter
If you’re looking to take your business to the next level:
Join our Entreprenista League community of women founders! You’ll have access to a private community of like-minded Entreprenistas who are making an impact in business every day, special discounts on business products and solutions, exclusive content, private events, the opportunity to have your story featured on our website and social channels, and MORE!
Whether you’re looking to scale your existing business and want to make the right connections, or you’re thinking about finally taking the leap to launch your business, we’re here to give you access to a community of women who will celebrate your every step, and with whom you can share the candid reality of building a business from scratch.
Join the Entreprenista League today at entreprenista.com/join. We can’t wait to welcome you, support you, and be part of your business journey!
PNC Celebrates Women Business Leaders
Each year, PNC celebrates women business leaders by hosting Women in Business Week. As co-founders of SocialFly and Entreprenista, Courtney and I were invited to join the lineup of this year’s keynote speakers!
Join us on Thursday, May 12th at 1p.m. Eastern Time for our keynote event, but you won’t want to miss any of the webcasts. This year’s all-virtual line up is absolutely inspiring.
To register for PNC’s Women in Business Week webcast event, head over to PNC.com/businesswebcasts – we can’t wait to see you there!
Become An Entreprenista!
Thanks for tuning into this week’s episode of The Entreprenista Podcast – the most fun business meeting for female founders, by female founders. If you enjoyed this episode, please subscribe to the show and leave a review wherever you get your podcasts.
Be sure to share your favorite episodes across social media to help us reach more amazing female founders, like you.
Don’t forget to follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and LinkedIn and for more exclusive content, tips, and insight, join the Entreprenistas Facebook group and visit the SocialFly website.