Clinical Therapist Kendra Toothill on how to unlock your well-being transformation
Describe your business in a few words:
Hey! I’m Kendra Toothill. I help women unlock their well-being transformation by using their physical scars. I have been a clinical therapist for nearly a decade, and I help women heal from their physical and emotional health challenges by using my groundbreaking system: Scars Reigniting Your Feminine. Did you know that your physical scars put a massive strain on your energy, your body, and your mind? They could be one of the major culprits to what you’re struggling with today.
Many women are experiencing digestive issues, anxiety, chronic pain, fatigue, inflammation, bladder, and bowel challenges but they don’t know how they started. What if these symptoms began AFTER a major surgery, an accident, or giving birth? Every scar has a story and will impact both your physical and emotional wellbeing.
I discovered the impact of physical scars early on in my professional career. As my success grew and my business was thriving, I was at my worst. I was running on fumes, and it was around this time that my life came crashing down. Experiencing my own well-being struggles was what inspired me to create programs for women who are looking for deep long-lasting change. Band-aid techniques and cookie-cutter protocols just won’t cut it long term, and this is the precious life we are talking about! Wouldn’t you want to resolve your long-standing health challenges for good?
Hundreds of my female clients have had great success with using their physical scars to unlock their well-being transformation.
What was your background prior to starting your own business?
I’m actually an Athletic Therapist! So, I started out my professional career working with Ice Hockey (like a true Canadian!) in the wintertime and Rugby in the summertime.
Did you always know you wanted to be an entrepreneur?
Take us back to when you first launched your business, what was your marketing strategy to get the word out and did it go as planned?
My marketing strategy went back to my therapist roots! As clinical therapists and many other service-based industries, we thrive off of referrals. I created a LIVE group course and invite all my old clients to join at a discounted fee.
What is the accomplishment you are the most proud of to date?
Since my website and program revamps, I have booked 4 new 1:1 clients and had 19 women join my group program!
Do you believe in work/life balance? What are some of your best tips?
Heck yes – I definitely believe in work/life balance. I have lived on the totally misaligned side of the pendulum and it’s so harmful to our well-being, so now it is something I am actively refining and working on. Since moving to Costa Rica, it’s even more important for me to put relaxation and “simple living” at the top of my priority list.
Some of my best tips are:
1. Don’t start work before 10 am. Use the morning to go slow and do what makes you vibrant.
2. Have a 2 hour break in the middle of your day. Keep this open at least 2-3 times a week because you can use it for what you need that day. Going for a long walk in nature, taking a nap, or in my case, enjoying the Costa Rican sun and hanging by the pool. It’s worth it and provides a really important pause from the task-oriented life that we can get tangled in.
3. Put on a “do not disturb” setting on your phone and have it from 7 pm to 9 am. Game changer!
4. Book end your day with things that fill you with joy. Start and end your day with something meaningful – not scanning social media or getting stuck in your inbox before bed.
5. Variety is the spice of life. Keep yourself interested in aspects of life that don’t include your business. Try new recipes or go for walks in different parks – these are great, simple (& free!) examples on how to keep some excitement to life!
What have you achieved recently that you’d like to celebrate with our community?
We are in the process of building a new house here in Costa Rica, and we are about to complete Stage 1 which is really exciting! Now, Stage 2 is receiving a shipment from Bali of our furniture and natural rattans/woods for the continued build of our home.
What’s next for your business? What can we expect to see over the next few years?
Next, you will see me writing a book and maybe even starting a podcast! Although, I feel writing is important for me and my business in 2022.
What excites you about being an Entreprenista League member?
A community of like-minded women who are looking to make an impact on the world! The power of women when they get together is so inspiring – who wouldn’t want to be immersed in that positive energy.
Leave a Comment