Building Businesses Based On Each Phase Of Life with Emily Motayed Lancaster of Nurture&
Emily jokes that she builds businesses based on the phase of life she is in, and she’s not lying. Her first business came from a shared need with her sister for online interior design. Her business today, Nurture&, came to life because she felt there was a hole in the market for millennial parents who wanted aesthetic and functional pieces.
Today, we sit down with Emily Motayed Lancaster, co-founder of Nurture&, a premium nursery furniture company. She shares what it was like starting a business during Covid, advice for raising capital, what it’s like being a mom and growing a business, and so much more.
“We looked at the market, and we saw that there was no real brand that was really built for the modern millennial parent, you know, with really beautiful design aesthetic, but also great functionality, free shipping, free returns and amazing customer service at a great price point.” – Emily Motayed Lancaster
If you’re looking to take your business to the next level, join the Entreprenista League today at entreprenista.com/join. We can’t wait to welcome you, support you, and be part of your business journey!
This week’s takeaways from Entreprenista:
- Emily shares about the first business she started and why she left it to start Nurture& (4:56)
- Emily talks about the lessons she learned from Havenly that she brought to Nurture& (11:52)
- Emily discusses launching a product-based business during Covid (16:13)
- Emily talks about her co-founder, Roberto, and how they complement each other (22:37)
- Emily tells us about her team (25:35)
- Emily gives advice for Entreprenistas that want to start a product-based business (31:16)
- Emily talks about all the crazy things Nurture& has been through (32:59)
- Emily shares her learning lessons from raising capital (39:31)
- Emily discusses being a mom and growing a business (44:51)
- What being an Entreprenista means to Emily (48:55)
Our Favorite Quotes:
- “I always joke, at this point, I’m completely unemployable. So I just have to keep starting businesses.” – Emily Motayed Lancaster
- “You know your customer well if you are the customer.” – Emily Motayed Lancaster
- “It’s so hard to start, but it’s never been easier to do a low risk start.” – Emily Motayed Lancaster
Connect with Emily Motayed Lancaster:
If you’re looking to take your business to the next level:
Join our Entreprenista League community of women founders! You’ll have access to a private community of like-minded Entreprenistas who are making an impact in business every day, special discounts on business products and solutions, exclusive content, private events, the opportunity to have your story featured on our website and social channels, and MORE!
Whether you’re looking to scale your existing business and want to make the right connections, or you’re thinking about finally taking the leap to launch your business, we’re here to give you access to a community of women who will celebrate your every step, and with whom you can share the candid reality of building a business from scratch.
Join the Entreprenista League today at entreprenista.com/join. We can’t wait to welcome you, support you, and be part of your business journey!
Become An Entreprenista!
Thanks for tuning into this week’s episode of The Entreprenista Podcast – the most fun business meeting for female founders, by female founders. If you enjoyed this episode, please subscribe to the show and leave a review wherever you get your podcasts.
Be sure to share your favorite episodes across social media to help us reach more amazing female founders, like you.