Building a World-Changing Startup with Cindy Gallop
Cindy Gallop is the creator of MakeLoveNotPorn, the world’s first and only user-generated, human curated social sex video-sharing platform. Cindy believes that normalizing and socializing sex makes it easier for others to talk about it openly and honestly and promotes consent, communication, and strong sexual values and behaviors. Cindy is a brand and business innovator, consultant, coach, and keynote speaker as well as a Board Advisor for multiple organizations including Handi, Awkward Essentials, and Pomp and Whimsy.
Cindy joins us today to discuss how she is creating the safest adult video streaming platform on the internet while combatting rape culture – one video at a time. She shares what inspired her to create MakeLoveNotPorn and the mission and values that continue to drive her. We discuss how her platform helps people worldwide talk openly about sex and the challenges she faced when working to secure venture capital and advertisers. We also discuss her perspective on the “No Hour Work Week” and why she believes female entrepreneurs need ‘champions’ instead of mentors.
“We don’t have enough role models in society for women (and men) that demonstrate that you can live your life very differently to the way that you’re expected to and still be amazingly happy.” – Cindy Gallop
This week on SocialFly’s Entreprenista Podcast:
- Cindy’s career journey and what inspired her to launch MakeLoveNotPorn
- The global social issue Cindy aims to address through her platform
- Cindy’s mission with the MakeLoveNotPorn platform and how she hopes to normalize and socialize sex in society
- The difference between MakeLoveNotPorn and other social media and adult video streaming platforms
- The biggest challenges Cindy faced when launching the platform
- The ‘creator economy’ and how Cindy designed her revenue-share model to democratize access to income for content creators
- How the MakeLoveNotPorn revenue-sharing model helped content creators maintain their lifestyles through the COVID-19 pandemic
- The fundraising process Cindy uses to raise money for the platform and the challenges she faces when seeking investors and advertisers
- How the platform has helped users boost their self-confidence, enhanced their sexual self-esteem, and transform their intimate relationships
- Cindy’s passion for empowering women and her perspective on Tim Ferriss’ 4 Hour Work Week
- The difference between “champions” and “mentors” and why Cindy believes female entrepreneurs need more champions
Connect with Cindy Gallop:
- Cindy Gallop Official Website
- Podcast: The Social Sex Revolution
- MakeLoveNotPorn on LinkedIn
- MakeLoveNotPorn on Instagram
- MakeLoveNotPorn on Facebook
- MakeLoveNotPorn on Twitter
- Cindy Gallop on LinkedIn
- Cindy Gallop on Instagram
Join the Entreprenista League!
Hey Entreprenistas! We’re launching the Entreprenista League, our very own members platform and community just for you!
We listened to your feedback and the support you’re looking for to start and build your business, and we’re here to provide you with all of the resources you’ll need!
As part of the Entreprenista League, you’ll have access to a private community of like-minded Entreprenistas who are making an impact in business every day. You’ll find special discounts on business products and solutions, exclusive content, private events, and the opportunity to have your story featured on our website and social channels!
Whether you’re looking to scale your existing business and want to make the right connections, or you’re thinking about finally taking the leap to launch your business, we’re here to give you access to a community of women who will celebrate your every step, and with whom you can share the candid reality of building a business from scratch.
Join the Entreprenista league today at entreprenista.com/join. We can’t wait to welcome you, support you, and be part of your business journey!
Free Virtual Event Series with Shopify
Do you have an e-commerce business or are you thinking about launching one? We are excited to announce that we’re launching a free virtual event series with Shopify to give small business owners the tools and motivation they need to get their e-commerce store up and running.
By joining us at Entreprenista on Shopify, you will learn…
- How to launch your Shopify store
- The best tips for SEO
- Digital marketing strategies to grow your customer base
- Hear real case studies from successful entrepreneurs using Shopify
- And much, much more…
The virtual events will be hosted by experts that range from marketing, sourcing, merchandising, shipping, and procurement to help you connect all of the dots to start a successful online business,
Shopify is also giving entreprenistas a 30-day free trial to launch your online store. When you attend the events, you’ll also be entered to win a free website store build valued at over $2,500!
Head over to www.entreprenista.com/shopify to get your free trial and join the Entreprenista on Shopify community.
Say “Hello!” To DigiCards™
Are you ready to take your virtual team meetings to the next level? Are you tired of yelling “You’re on mute!” at your computer screen and letting the important points you were trying to make get lost?
If you’re tired of leading unproductive, distraction-filled team meetings, then it’s time for you to say “Hello!” to DigiCards. Each pack of virtual meeting cards includes 20 color-coded professional cards designed to streamline your meeting communications while allowing each meeting to create an opportunity for collaboration and fun.
Say “Goodbye!” to waving your arms, being ignored, and frantically typing in the chat.
Start your next virtual meeting with DigiCards – the virtual meeting cards for entreprenistas.
To grab your deck of DigiCards and bring fun, engagement, and collaboration back into your team meetings, visit www.hellodigicards.com. Use the coupon code: Entreprenista15 to receive 15% off your first order.
Become An Entreprenista!
Thanks for tuning into this week’s episode of The Entreprenista Podcast – the most fun business meeting for female founders, by female founders. If you enjoyed this episode, please subscribe to the show and leave a review wherever you get your podcasts.
Apple Podcasts | TuneIn | Spotify | Stitcher | iHeart Radio | GooglePlay
Be sure to share your favorite episodes across social media to help us reach more amazing female founders, like you.
Don’t forget to follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and LinkedIn and for more exclusive content, tips, and insight, join the Entreprenistas Facebook group and visit the SocialFly website.
Leave a Comment