Building a Subscription Business from the Ground Up with Marnie Madras
As the mother to four children under the age of 10, Marnie will tell you herself; she loved being pregnant. So much so she couldn’t bear the idea that there were Mothers out there struggling with their pregnancies and failing to find the support they needed that solely focused on them. Marnie recognized the challenge in this, as she recalls feeling like she was losing her identity as she further transitioned into motherhood. Supporting women through this transition and shaking up the way women truly experience pregnancy is what Marnie has dedicated herself to in the building of her company.
In today’s episode, we sit down with Marnie Madras, founder, and CEO of Rumbly, a modern DTC pregnancy lifestyle wellness brand that helps women navigate the transition to motherhood while bringing more joy to the overall experience. She shares with us how they accomplish this through a monthly subscription and stand-alone themed boxes, her process of bringing her vision into creation, how the search for a co-founder held her back, the key to outsourcing for your business, and so much more!
“When you believe in yourself, and you believe in what you’re doing, and you’re so passionate about what you’re doing, the process will naturally get you to where you’re going. You’ve just got to be patient, but you will get there.“ – Marnie Madras
This week on Startups in Stilettos:
- Meet Marnie (2:56)
- How Marnie came up with the idea for her business (3:29)
- Marnie’s process of bringing Rumbly into creation (7:14)
- What held Marnie back from getting started (8:59)
- The benefits of outsourcing for what you already know (12:32)
- Marnie explains her subscription model (14:24)
- Matrescence and the process of losing your identity in the journey to motherhood (18:54)
- Marnie discusses the shift in the conversation around pregnancy (21:34)
- Stephanie and Jess talk establishing your business on new platforms (24:55)
Our Favorite Quotes:
- “You just go from one step to the other. one person leads to the next, or one learning leads to the next. And you discover something, and you think you can’t do it. And you take on that task, and then you move on to the next, and you almost just have to have this true belief in the process.” – Marnie Madras
- “I’ve really learned to go on gut, go for things and don’t hold yourself back, you will figure things out on the way, and don’t convince yourself of something that’s that’s not necessarily true.” – Marnie Madras
- “Outsource for what you know. So you can focus on the other stuff. It’s nice having those external eyes on it. But really, you will turn better work out if it’s an area that you are familiar with. Because you can push, you can challenge, you can motivate, you can encourage, and you know how to do that when it’s in that area of the business that you are familiar with.” – Marnie Madras
Join the Entreprenista League today at entreprenista.com/join. We can’t wait to welcome you, support you, and be part of your business journey!
Connect with Marnie:
Connect with your Startups in Stilettos hosts:
- Jessica Abo on Instagram
- Jessica Abo on LinkedIn
- Learn more about Jessica Abo here
- Carlyn Bushman on Instagram
- Carlyn Bushman on LinkedIn
- Learn more about Carlyn Bushman here
Get Featured on Startups in Stilettos
Want a chance to be featured on Startups in Stilettos? We’re currently accepting applications from our Entreprenista League members to be featured on the show! Think of the Entreprenista League as your team members in what can be a lonely startup founder’s journey. You’ll have access to a private community of like-minded female startup founders who are making an impact in business every day, special discounts on business products and solutions, exclusive content, private events, the opportunity to have your story featured on our website, social channels – and, of course, the Startups in Stilettos podcast – and so much MORE!
Grow Your Startup with Startups in Stilettos
Thanks for tuning into this week’s episode of Startups in Stilettos, powered by the Entreprenista PodcastNetwork. If you enjoyed this episode, please subscribe and leave a review wherever you get your podcasts.
Be sure to share your favorite episodes on social media to help us reach more startup founders, like you, and have a chance to win a one-on-one mentor and strategy session with Stephanie Cartin.
Join us on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and LinkedIn. And for even more exclusive content and information – and to get access to the 8 Secrets to Success in Your Business video course and worksheet – visit our website.