Breaking The Beauty Industry’s Mold with Pritika Swarup of PRAKTI Beauty
After getting discovered by happenstance at Disney World, Pritika Swarup found herself signed to a modeling agency and surrounded by all things beauty. During her undergrad at Columbia University, Pritika decided to start a beauty company to represent women who looked like her.
Today, we sit down with Pritika Swarup, founder and CEO of Prakti Beauty, a beauty brand that celebrates the energy and fearlessness of the mix between tradition and technology. Pritika shares why she wanted to start Prakti Beauty, the importance of marketing, how she funded Prakti Beauty, and so much more.
“You know, it’s all about just inspiring women to fearlessly pursue their passions and to really be able to unlock our daily beauty and wellness rituals for all women.” – Pritika Swarup
If you’re looking to take your business to the next level, join the Entreprenista League today at entreprenista.com/join. We can’t wait to welcome you, support you, and be part of your business journey!
This week’s takeaways from Entreprenista:
- Pritika shares about her background (2:25)
- Pritika discusses the moments when she realized she wanted to start Prakti Beauty (6:24)
- Pritika talks about the steps she took to get started (8:16)
- Pritika shares how she started Prakti Beauty while still enrolled at Columbia (10:47)
- Pritika tells us where she learned about manufacturing beauty products (15:14)
- Pritika talks about her marketing strategy and how it’s evolved over time (19:36)
- Pritika shares what crazy things have happened since launching Prakti Beauty (31:59)
- Pritika explains how she funded Prakti Beauty (36:15)
- Rapid fire questions (40:41)
- What being an Entreprenista means to Pritika (42:40)
Our Favorite Quotes:
- “I think that was the moment that the discussions about diversity were slowly starting to open up. And, you know, I feel lucky to have been a part of some of those discussions, just because now, so much has changed. And it’s really nice to see.” – Pritika Swarup
- “I didn’t quit anything. And I think that’s a very important message to women, as well as that you don’t have to stop everything else you’re doing, I think that everything kind of goes hand in hand, and it can support one another.” – Pritika Swarup
- “I spoke to like 300 women, one on one about their pain points, their desires, their ideals, you know, what beauty means to them now, like what they want to see.” – Pritika Swarup
Connect with Pritika Swarup:
If you’re looking to take your business to the next level:
Join our Entreprenista League community of women founders! You’ll have access to a private community of like-minded Entreprenistas who are making an impact in business every day, special discounts on business products and solutions, exclusive content, private events, the opportunity to have your story featured on our website and social channels, and MORE!
Whether you’re looking to scale your existing business and want to make the right connections, or you’re thinking about finally taking the leap to launch your business, we’re here to give you access to a community of women who will celebrate your every step, and with whom you can share the candid reality of building a business from scratch.
Join the Entreprenista League today at entreprenista.com/join. We can’t wait to welcome you, support you, and be part of your business journey!
Become An Entreprenista!
Thanks for tuning into this week’s episode of The Entreprenista Podcast – the most fun business meeting for female founders, by female founders. If you enjoyed this episode, please subscribe to the show and leave a review wherever you get your podcasts.
Be sure to share your favorite episodes across social media to help us reach more amazing female founders, like you.