Becoming Less of a Perfectionist with Lindsay Cook of FitOn
After stepping down from her career and taking a six month traveling trip with her children, Lindsay Cook realized what her next career step would be: creating an app based on her health and wellness passions.
In today’s episode, we sit down with Lindsay Cook, co-founder of FitOn, the number one free fitness app. Lindsay shares with us how her corporate background helped her start FitOn, the process and mindset needed for raising capital, how to market an app, and so much more.
“I realized how important actually my workouts were to my own self care. And I had no time to go to the gym. And I spend a lot of time looking at apps in the App Store and just being really underwhelmed by what I was seeing in this space.” – Lindsay Cook
If you’re looking to take your business to the next level, join the Entreprenista League today at entreprenista.com/join. We can’t wait to welcome you, support you, and be part of your business journey!
This week’s takeaways from Entreprenista:
- Lindsay shares when she realized she wanted to be an Entreprenista (3:20)
- How Covid impacted the early days of her business (5:47)
- Lindsay shares what the business model for FitOn is (7:07)
- How the idea of FitOn came to Lindsay and what her biggest challenges were (10:53)
- The processing of raising capital (14:56)
- How to market an app (19:26)
- Lindsay talks about the mistakes she has made and the lessons she’s learned (27:53)
- Rapid fire questions (34:49)
- Lindsay shares some great advice for starting a business (43:16)
- What being an Entreprenista means to Lindsay (45:19)
Our Favorite Quotes:
- “Turn on your alter ego, even if it’s not natural to you in, kind of, those first early years.” – Lindsay Cook
- “Who do I know from college from high school that maybe is connected to someone at one of those companies? And how do I get that meeting and get the best introduction I possibly can to help kind of sell in that concept?” – Lindsay Cook on raising capital
- “I think hiring people: I think we would say, there’s no better way to say it than, we had like a no jerks policy. Like, you know, people, people that you wanted to work with, you wanted to be around, it felt like a small family, we always call it the FitOn family that we work in. And so we’re small, but we’re mighty.” – Lindsay Cook
Connect with Lindsay Cook:
If you’re looking to take your business to the next level:
Join our Entreprenista League community of women founders! You’ll have access to a private community of like-minded Entreprenistas who are making an impact in business every day, special discounts on business products and solutions, exclusive content, private events, the opportunity to have your story featured on our website and social channels, and MORE!
Whether you’re looking to scale your existing business and want to make the right connections, or you’re thinking about finally taking the leap to launch your business, we’re here to give you access to a community of women who will celebrate your every step, and with whom you can share the candid reality of building a business from scratch.
Join the Entreprenista League today at entreprenista.com/join. We can’t wait to welcome you, support you, and be part of your business journey!
Become An Entreprenista!
Thanks for tuning into this week’s episode of The Entreprenista Podcast – the most fun business meeting for female founders, by female founders. If you enjoyed this episode, please subscribe to the show and leave a review wherever you get your podcasts.
Be sure to share your favorite episodes across social media to help us reach more amazing female founders, like you.