Balance is Bullsh*t with Alicia McKenzie of Lift Like A Mother
Any mother knows that having a child completely transforms your body. You may (and honestly probably will) lose muscle mass and your body composition may shift. When Alicia McKenzie found herself in that position ten years ago, she knew she had to do something to help other women going through the same thing.
In today’s episode, we sit down with Alicia McKenzie, coach, author, speaker, and founder of Lift Like A Mother, a platform that provides people with information regarding all things wellness. Alicia shares how she became an Entreprenista, her new book, how to take care of yourself, and so much more.
“I’ve always loved coaching people, I’ve always loved helping people thrive and optimize their life and be the best version of themselves. So it really just naturally evolved into a coaching business that provides people with realistic tools, tips, and makes things accessible and actually doable.” – Alicia McKenzie
This week on Startups in Stilettos:
- Alicia talks about how her business came to fruition (2:20)
- Alicia shares how she moved forward after selling her gym (5:19)
- All about Alicia’s book Balance is Bullshit (6:29)
- Alicia talks about her coaching clients (12:48)
- Alicia shares a tip for taking care of yourself (17:17)
- Alicia asks Stephanie about the pain points in Entreprenista League (19:04)
- What Alicia is looking forward to this coming year (23:04)
Our Favorite Quotes:
- “It was a total accident. I was an athlete. So I never went into this thinking ‘I’m going to start a business. I’m going to do all these things.’ They just kind of evolved and matured as the years just kept rolling by.” – Alicia McKenzie
- “It’s kind of like sending your baby off to college. You grew it and then you sold it and now you have very little say in what happens.” – Alicia McKenzie
- “It’s really my coaching process in a book form.” – Alicia McKenzie
- “A ‘yes’ to someone else tends to be a ‘no’ to yourself.” – Stephanie Cartin
Connect with Alicia McKenzie:
- Balance is Bullshit
- Lift Like A Mother on Instagram
- Lift Like A Mother on Twitter
Connect with your Startups in Stilettos hosts:
- Stephanie Cartin on Instagram
- Stephanie Cartin on LinkedIn
- Jessica Abo on Instagram
- Jessica Abo on LinkedIn
- Learn more about Jessica Abo here
Get Featured on Startups in Stilettos
Want a chance to be featured on Startups in Stilettos? We’re currently accepting applications from our Entreprenista League members to be featured on the show! Think of the Entreprenista League as your team members in what can be a lonely startup founder’s journey. You’ll have access to a private community of like-minded female startup founders who are making an impact in business every day, special discounts on business products and solutions, exclusive content, private events, the opportunity to have your story featured on our website, social channels – and, of course, the Startups in Stilettos podcast – and so much MORE!
Join the Entreprenista League today at entreprenista.com/join. We can’t wait to welcome you, support you, and be part of your business journey!
Grow Your Startup with Startups in Stilettos
Thanks for tuning into this week’s episode of Startups in Stilettos, powered by the Entreprenista PodcastNetwork. If you enjoyed this episode, please subscribe and leave a review wherever you get your podcasts.
Be sure to share your favorite episodes on social media to help us reach more startup founders, like you, and have a chance to win a one-on-one mentor and strategy session with Stephanie Cartin.
Join us on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and LinkedIn. And for even more exclusive content and information – and to get access to the 8 Secrets to Success in Your Business video course and worksheet – visit our website.