Is a Mastermind Group right for you? [quiz]
Multiple minds, coming together for a common cause, working toward a definite purpose, in the spirit of harmony – the concept of the Mastermind Group is a powerful one.
Mastermind groups, in one form or another, have been around for quite some time. First introduced by Napoleon Hill in his classic, Think and Grow Rich, the practice of participating in a Mastermind Group has proven to be invaluable to entrepreneurs of all levels – even the most seasoned of business owners. In fact, a very high percentage of the most successful entrepreneurs in history (recent and years past) have been active participants in some form of Mastermind Group.
There’s no doubt about it: participating in a Mastermind Group can be one of the best things you ever do for your business. The support, feedback, accountability, productivity, and sheer brainstorming power created by the right Mastermind Group has the ability to catapult any entrepreneur’s business to new levels. Additionally, the camaraderie and connections formed within the group can benefit members for a lifetime. So, it’s a great idea and you should run right out and join a mastermind group today, right?
Joining a Mastermind Group is a smart decision for many, many people, but is it the right decision for you? Are you where you need to be – mentally, emotionally, and financially – to fully benefit from a Mastermind Group? Are you ready to do what it takes to create the life and business you want?
If you’re not sure, I encourage you to spend a few minutes taking the Mastermind Readiness Test. It’s no “scientific method”, but it may help you decide for yourself whether or not joining a Mastermind Group is the right move for you.
The Mastermind Readiness Test
Rate your answer for each question on a scale of 1 to 5. 1 being “Not at this time” and 5 being “Bring it on!”
1. Do you want to reach or exceed your goals?
2. Are you ready to create momentum in your business?
3. Are you ready for change? To grow both personally and professionally?
4. Are you ready to create more focus in your life and business?
5. Do you want a team of peers to support, encourage, and motivate you?
6. Are you ready to be held accountable for your goals and actions toward those goals?
7. Are you willing to open up to others and let your true self shine through?
8. Are you ready to stop playing small? And are you ready to do what it takes to play BIGGER?
9. Are you committed to attending all meetings and being fully present (giving your full attention and participation)?
10. Are you ready to let your desire to be passionate about your life and work overcome your fear of change?
11. Are you open to receiving diverse suggestions, ideas, knowledge and advice within the context of the group?
12. Are you willing to be supportive, and provide privacy and safety, when others share what truly matters to them?
13. Are you willing to ask for, and receive, help?
14. Are you willing to give as much as you receive?
15. Are you willing to invest time, money, emotion, willpower and energy into taking better care of yourself and creating the life and business you want?
16. Do you have the desire and inspiration to make the next year of your life extraordinary?
This quiz was adapted from a similar one offered by The Success Alliance.
0-25: Kudos to you for taking the first step toward taking control of your success! Now’s the time to take a good, hard look at yourself and ask whether or not you’re really ready to do what it takes to create the business and life you want. What’s holding you back from answering ‘yes’ on those other questions? What fears or concerns are surfacing? It may be that some “mind work” needs to be done before you take the next step.
26 – 50: Congratulations! You’re ready to step up and take control of your life, your business and your success. Chances are you’ve already begun thinking about the first few things you want to work on. A mastermind group can help you create the strategy, actions, and accountability for closing in on those objectives!
51 – 80: Look out, world! You’re probably already moving forward on designing the life and business you want and deserve. Belonging to a mastermind group can help you play bigger, live deeper, and accelerate your success!